My 2 1/2yo only has 4 clicks left on the FR85!

zactayaus

Added pics in post #18 of him in his RN.

Um, wow! I thought he'd have so much more room to grow. Hopefully he'll continue with his major growth slow down that's been going on (hasn't really grown much in months). I have only checked the harness height in the house so maybe he'll gain some room once it's installed (won't actually be using it for another 6 months or so though).

Any way here are some pics from in the house (and for those of you on FB this is before he slammed his head into our brick step:():

100_2148-1.jpg

100_2150.jpg

100_2151.jpg

100_2153.jpg

100_2155.jpg

Too bad this isn't a RF'ing seat. Look at that leg room!

Last edited:
ADS

ConnorsMommy

Four clicks could still last a while for your son. My 4.5 year old son has been in his Frontier for almost a year now, and I haven't had to move the harness up at all yet. I think he's on the 4th slot from the top too, but I'm not sure. I think his torso has grown maybe 1/2 an inch, even though he's definitely gotten taller.
Hopefully it will last your son to a safe booster age!

zactayaus

Four clicks could still last a while for your son. My 4.5 year old son has been in his Frontier for almost a year now, and I haven't had to move the harness up at all yet. I think he's on the 4th slot from the top too, but I'm not sure. I think his torso has grown maybe 1/2 an inch, even though he's definitely gotten taller.
Hopefully it will last your son to a safe booster age!

Yeah, I'm sure it will last him a good long time. Just thought he'd have more room I guess. My 8 1/2yo still fits in it but he's only got like a 16" torso and Gavin's torso is like 14" at only 2.

Polola0628

Join the club! :( My DD is 3y10m and has a 17-17.5" torso. Not sure where she is in her Frontier, I probably should check ;) but she has outgrown the Radian and has about an inch left before outgrowing the Nautilus o_O

momtotwogirls

Its so close to his shoulders I bet when its installed you either gain a click or lose a click. When we got ours my oldest was on the 4th click down in the house but in the car I had to move it up to the 3rd click down and last month I had to move it up again so she has 1 click left. Im hoping she makes it to 6.

monstah

OMG, I :love::love: that handsome boy!

Can we make a pact to reintroduce my DD2 and Gavin oh... about 20 years from now? :p

Last edited:

jubgulia

Yeah, I'm sure it will last him a good long time. Just thought he'd have more room I guess. My 8 1/2yo still fits in it but he's only got like a 16" torso and Gavin's torso is like 14" at only 2.

If it makes you feel any better, DS1 had a 14" torso at 18-24 months, but at just about 5 it was only 17". He might not grow up to be a giant. :p

zactayaus

OMG, I :love::love: that handsome boy!

Can we make a pact to reintroduce my DD2 and Gavin oh... about 20 years from now? :p

Thanks, and yeah I think we can arrange something like that.:p

Adorable as usual.:) Hopefully he'll grow some legs sometime in the next few years.

Actually he's only been growing legs the past 6 months or so. His torso has only maybe grown like 1/2" in that same time frame.

StillThankful

He's such a cutie!

Wow--I have short torso girls! My 5 y/o has a 16" torso and is 44.5" tall!
My 2y9m old has a 12" torso and is 37" tall.

Last edited:

aeormsby

I just got mine installed for my almost 4yo and he only has 3 clicks left in the car. Stupid slanted vehicle seats.

Mommy2Marcus

WOW! He is a big boy & a super cutie to! Marcus is 5 & he only weighs 36lbs & has a 15.25 inch torso. But he is 44 inches tall. Lots of leg.

cpsaddict

Oh my, I guess I better check DD. She is on the top slot of her classic MA and has only one click left on the MA70. We planned to get two FR85's next spring, when DS will need the MA's. She wears size 5 tops, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

fyrfightermomma

This will be Joey. I dread it

Sophia has one click left by her 4th bday. She will barely make it to 5. She has a crazy torso.

Joey I bet is already up there. I should try him in it just to see. Hes 1.5 and outgrew his RA 50's by height already and 3T shirts are getting short :-/

zactayaus

Here's a couple of pics of him I took tonight in his RN (sorry for the sour puss face, but he was not in the mood to have his pic taken):

I swear this kid just grew overnight because I don't remember him being this tall in this seat before!:eek:
100_2164.jpg

100_2166.jpg

tam_shops

Wow, your 2yo is taller than my almost 6yo!

Clothes and food are going to be very expensive for you one day! LOL

tam

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
If it makes you feel any better, DD1 was on the same spot in the Radian (right at the top of the SK logo) when we got ours at 25m, and she didn't outgrow it her 4th birthday :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC