Question double stroller for tot & baby

cmcki737

Having a really hard time with double strollers. So far I have had a Combi side by side double, baby jogger city classic, phil & teds vibe, and maclaren twin traveller and found fault with all of them. I need a double that can do mall trips, fit in small cars, behind 3rd rows of SUV's and works for outside walks so I don't mind getting two seperate ones but if anyone knows of one that could meet all these needs it would be awesome. At current I am selling my Vibe tomorrow and will have only single strollers left so I will not be able to go out on my own until I get a new one :(

ADS

Pixels

What have you liked and not liked about each stroller? Personally, I love my P&T, and it seems to me that it should meet all of your criteria.

cmcki737

The p&t was my favorite so far but it was really heavy to load in and out of the car and I hated the lack of storage when the doubles kit was attached. I thought about getting a classic bc I have heard that it is lighter then the vibe but if I am correct then the lower seat does not recline at all.

cmcki737

To answer the rest of your question I loved how light the combi was but my older child could reach the younger one while in his car seat or when I put him directly in the stroller and she would grab at him and pull on him (they are age 20 months and 4 months), the maclaren did not fit behind the SUV's 3rd row and could not fit the car seat on it and the baby jogger was just so huge and heavy it drove me nuts but I did like how my older child could not touch the younger one.

cmcki737

Pixels said:
The Classic is only one pound lighter than the Vibe. 25 vs 26.

Ok so it would not make a difference...maybe I'm just spoiled by the great singles I have had and expect too much from a double :(

mominabigtruck

I can't believe the traveller won't fit in your trunk, I keep mine on the floor in between the middle and front seat of the van.

What about the new pp aria twin? I've heard it's actually alot nicer then the old ones, fits and infant seat and comes in pretty colors?
Posted via Mobile Device

cmcki737

mominabigtruck said:
I can't believe the traveller won't fit in your trunk, I keep mine on the floor in between the middle and front seat of the van.

What about the new pp aria twin? I've heard it's actually alot nicer then the old ones, fits and infant seat and comes in pretty colors?
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a Suzuki XL7 and when the 3rd row is up it did not fit and we need the stroller most when we have 6 or 7 passengers so it caused issues. Is the Aria the 60/40 split stroller? If so I have thought about it but not been able to see one IRL and did not know if my Shuttle 33 would work with it.

mominabigtruck

I've had alot of pp strollers and I've never had an infant seat not fit. Now, I don't expect them to click on like a travel system but when you recline the seat and put the carseat in, with the bar it nests. And combi seats are pretty narrow, I can't see it not fitting.
Posted via Mobile Device

cmcki737

cupcakepirate11 said:
the b ready looks like it folds up small, how about the baby jogger city mini double? folds up small.

I just looked up the double mini and it looks like a nice choice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC