s/o What is your favorite latching booster?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I know I'll be in the minority because of the lack of leg room, but I love the Oobr. We just give the kid a rolled body pillow or sleeping bag for a foot rest, other than that it's fantastic!

BabyKaykes

Of the US available options....I'd buy a Cybex for my own personal kid.

My Godkids are bigger and wider in the shoulder, so if I were buying for them, I'd go with the Monterey.

I've never played with the Oobr, but the covers are awesome! And there's nothing I like about the SGL.

hsjwmom

We have both an Oobr and a Monterey and they are both great seats. I love the rigid LATCH on the Oobr and it is a super solid seat. The cover cleans up beautifully and the headrest adjusts well. Downside would be that it doesn't fit larger kids quite as well. Seat depth never bothered dd, but she is in the 3rd row and would usually put her feet up on the 2nd row captains chair that is folded down. DD LOVES the Julius cover with it's stripes and monkey.

I love that the Monterey fits my bigger kids so much better. Price was MUCH better on it, too. I hate the LATCH connectors. Hate them. I guess I'm spoiled by the nicer IMMI ones?

I haven't tried a Cybex or SGL, so I can't comment on either one.

bubbaray

Monterey. It fits my skinnie minnie DD#1 perfectly and she loves it -- she isn't a fan of the PW.

ITA, however, with the PP that the LATCH connectors on the original style Monterey suck.

monstah

:love: Oobr :love: It's still like brand new after carrying my DS around for endless hours while he eats and drinks in the car. All I do is occasionally brush the crumbs off with my hand and Ta-Da, like new!

ETA: I don't like the PKWYSG we have at all and I have never played with a Monterey or Cybex.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC