Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

My friends think im nuts!

I was riding in my friend's car yesterday and she has a car seat for her nephew (almost 2) in her backseat. I sat back there and grabbed it and it moved like a foot!
    I was like Whoa! This isn't in here right! So I unbuckled it to reinstall it and I saw that it was tethered to one of the anchors behind it (oy!) took me a bit but I was able to get a good install and tethered it to the roof.
    He's FF, which I mentioned that he could be RF still but they think he's too big. (he's in an Eddie Bauer seat... Don't know the limits on it so I couldn't really say he wasnt.) Does anyone have an idea of RF limits on those seats?
    I just thought it was funny, my friends think I'm a little crazy (we're all 21 with no kids) but one of them even said, "listen to Katie, she would be the one to know" hehe
    Auntie to 10 great kids...trying my best to get them riding safely.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: My friends think im nuts!

glad you could give her some good advice

4. Thank You from:

Moderator - CPS Technician

Re: My friends think im nuts!

Typically the RF and FF weight and height limits for a seat are on a sticker right on the seat, somewhere. Sometimes the stickers are missing, but usually you can find the info if you look hard enough.
    Cutie #1 (13 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (6 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (3 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

6. Thank You from: