New Comfortsports

love-pink

on Amazon.com

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Graco-ComfortSport-Convertible-Seat-Jette/dp/B005WHQKG4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1320803466&sr=8-2"]Amazon.com: Graco ComfortSport Convertible Car Seat, Jette: Baby[/ame]

Pre order for December 1st. Weights are listed as the same as the older style :rolleyes:

Dont everyone click buy at once!! :p:p

Reactions: T4K
ADS

PunkyMonkey

I can't believe they made new covers for this seat but didn't make the darn seat any better!!!!!!! It's one of the worse things I've ever touched in my life lol, no cool cover is going to change that! (although that Jette looks really sporty!)

T4K

MadisonsMommy said:
I can't believe they made new covers for this seat but didn't make the darn seat any better!!!!!!! It's one of the worse things I've ever touched in my life lol, no cool cover is going to change that! (although that Jette looks really sporty!)

Really? What was that bad? The limits aren't great but it's really nice and plush. My DD fit better in it than most other seats.

3eb66c76.jpg

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Let me get my Comfortsport fund started!!! :p

I don't like either cover. C'mon Graco, PRINTS. And colors other than GRAY.

babyherder

There's nothing wrong with the comfortsport from a safety perspective but I would never spend my money to buy one! I don't have that kind of money to spend on such a short seat. I like both the new covers though. Wish Graco would put them on other seats.

NannyMom

DS at BARELY 17 months in a CS... (not installed obviously) but no way he would even get to 2 RF!
:eek:

There's nothing wrong with the comfortsport from a safety perspective but I would never spend my money to buy one! I don't have that kind of money to spend on such a short seat. I like both the new covers though. Wish Graco would put them on other seats.

According to the measurements section here..... The Comfortsport has a 22.5" shell height. The Coccoro has a 22" shell height, and the Titan has a 23" shell height. Sofi fit in the Titan RF until she hit 3yrs.

Last edited:

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Well, I haven't owned one, but purely from a "stats" point of view I don't know why it's so hated but the Coccoro is so loved.

Now, personally if I were going to buy a Coccoro (which I still might someday, especially if I can find a good bargain) it would be largely because it is so narrow. And the Comfortsport is about 3" wider. So maybe that's it. The Coccoro isn't any better at ERF but at least it fits in super tight spaces.

I could totally see getting a Comfortsport for the newborn stage if one weren't planning to use an infant bucket. It's a lot cheaper than a Coccoro, cheaper than most infant seats, and should last longer than any of the infant seats on the market (especially the ones in the same price range). A Comfort Sport + later a Complete Air would fill about the same overall need as a Maxi-Cosi Pria, but without having to put all the money out at once and the advantage of being two car seats (handy if a younger sibling comes along).

I like the new covers on the Comfortsport.

Jessica61624

Seeing how my 21 month old son is.on the top slots of the cs I would shell out the extra money for a myride for future kids. Myrides go in sale for $100. I think the most annoying part about this seat is that we know what graco is capable of making and yet this still make this. Same with rear adjust Sr22!

Ducky5306

I had a CS (got it marked down paid around $40 for it from Sears if I remember correctly) it was over 5 yeas ago. My son was able to use it from 6 months until 3 yrs (ff he outgrow all RF seats weight wise before age 2 :( limits back then were 35lbs on all seats and I had no idea about importing seats not that I could have afforded to anyways.

Anyways I used the seat for a lot of kids I babysat then sold it on CL for $30 within a day of listing it. I have no regrets with that seat.

The kid I nanny for now has one but for him any seat will last. His growth is severely restricted he is around 17 lbs now at 5.5 yrs old (not sure how tall/long but 18 month pants fit him)

I wouldn't buy one now but I do want a CCO for the baby!! They are just so darn cute!

Sent from my HTC using Car-Seat.Org

Baylor

I don't get the bad feelings about the cs either. We need more low cost options that work.

One thing I have changed about since coming here is not liking seats just because. Now I look at them like lifesavers.

auto-correct on the loose..

babyherder

According to the measurements section here..... The Comfortsport has a 22.5" shell height. The Coccoro has a 22" shell height, and the Titan has a 23" shell height. Sofi fit in the Titan RF until she hit 3yrs.

The Titan can be found cheaper and the coccoro is just adorable. For me, the comfortsport has too many negatives and not enough positives to make it worth paying for one. However, one was given to me and I used it until the babysitting kiddos no longer fit. I'm fine with its existence, just not with paying for one. Unless maybe I found it on sale for $40. That might change things.

mominabigtruck

A big pet peeve for me is the adjuster is buried rfing. That and both of my big boys out grew it before they were one, but to be honest they out grew most seats super early. Dd would have tons of room in it though.
Posted via Mobile Device

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I could totally see getting a Comfortsport for the newborn stage if one weren't planning to use an infant bucket.

IIRC, ComfortSports aren't great for newborns. This is from my head and not the database, though, so I could be wrong. But I like the Titan as an infant seat alternative and the Coccoro as a niche seat. If a kid needs a bucket before the ComfortSport and a convertible after, it just is not very practical.

I like my comfort sport for my DD she is almost 15 months and around 18 pounds it is a nice small seat she likes sitting in it she looks so cozy the padding is nice and the cover is soft I paid 40 dollars for it at target in August

Pixels

DD has outgrown the Coccoro but still has 1.5 inches in the ComfortSport. I don't use it for her any more because she's hovering around the weight limit and I have other seats for her. But the seat lasts the same amount of time (approximately) for less than half the cost of the Coccoro, and it's easier to install.

I don't get the "cuteness" factor of the Coccoro. To me, it's just meh. And everyone always wants prints, well those are available on the CS but not the Coccoro.

I've never had a problem with the harness adjuster being buried RFing unless it was installed too upright, in which case the problem is the installation, not the seat. I have, however, had major problems with the adjuster getting buried on my TrueFit.

I just don't get why it's such a hated seat. Realistically, few people RF their kids until 2yo (hopefully that is gradually changing), and the CS will fit the vast majority of kids to 2yo. No, it won't be the last harnessed seat the parent needs to buy, but that is true of many, many seats. Even with the big convertibles like the TF, CA, MR, Radian, there's no guarantee that it will be the last harnessed seat needed.

Pixels

IIRC, ComfortSports aren't great for newborns. This is from my head and not the database, though, so I could be wrong. But I like the Titan as an infant seat alternative and the Coccoro as a niche seat. If a kid needs a bucket before the ComfortSport and a convertible after, it just is not very practical.

The CS is awesome for newborns. Might need some rolled towels, but the harness slots are nice and low at 7.5 inches. Lower than many infant-only seats.

luckyclov

I think of the CS much along the lines of the CCO or Priori (which people go gaga over)...only cheaper. It won't last very long, but it's a fine seat and does its job. And it actually fits smaller babes pretty well...it just doesn't come with fancy inserts or padding (nothing receiving blankets/washcloths won't fix).

ETA: Well, now, wait a minute...it looks like the new ones come with a new butt pillow insert. I bet that'll close up a bit more of the gap on newborns.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC