I need help.

alake

We are taking the girls back to Canada for Christmas. I asked about a RSTV for my youngest, but was told she probably wouldn't fit well. I need seat help. We are flying, and then borrowing a car to drive the 140 miles to our hometown. We have in the past had a Canadian Maestro for Leah, but left it home when we made the move (Being used by a friend who's little girl was in a NBB). I am looking for something light weight. She rides in a Prosport in my truck and a Frontier in my DH's. I am going to pick up a booster seat for my oldest. If it helps we are borrowing a Pontiac Vibe once we are up there. I really don't know what to get for Leah, or what kind of booster to get for Summer.
Summer will turn 6 while we are up there visiting. She is currently 44-46 pounds, she will probably be the same weight when we go there, unless a growth spurt. She stands 44 inches, and has a 14 inch torso. She is booster trained, but also rides in the same seats as her little sister when we are home. Leah is 34 pounds, stands 37 inches tall, with a 13 inch torso. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. (Something light weight hopefully.)
We will be making this trip often, but this is our first trip home. I don't want to spend more then $500.00 on both seats.

Last edited:
ADS

henrietta

I would get your oldest a regular old high back Graco Turbo booster-they run about $50-60, but can be found sometimes for cheaper. It's a tall enough booster for her right now, and it will last awhile, esp b/c she can hand it down later and/or use it backless. You can take the back off of if (it's easy) and carefully pack it in your luggage, and take the no back booster bottom part on the plane w/you as a carry on. It will fit in the overhead bin. OR you could get her a Compass B570 Pathway booster for about $100 or less. It will fold and should fit in the overhead bin, too.

For your youngest, I would go w/the Maestro again. It's a great price and it's not a super heavy seat to carry and install on the plane. You may be able to find the girly Abby pattern on line for $70.

So, about $105 to 185 for both of those kinds of seats, depending on where you buy them at.

hths

henrietta

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC