Another Little People, Big World Observation

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Just to counter all the Regent hoopla ;)

I'm watching last night's episode (yes, I DVR them). Amy and Matt in the van on their way the airport to go to Las Vegas, and Amy is DEFINITELY using some sort of backless booster - definitely an adult (LP) product - it didn't look like one I'd seen before. It brought her up enough so that the head restraint was on the highest setting, with her head positioned pretty well.

Meanwhile, Matt sat next to her without a seat belt :mad:

ADS

Ali

I've seen that one. I hadn't noticed that Amy was using a booster (I saw how nicely the seatbelt fit her though), but I hated that Matt wasn't even wearing a seatbelt.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I've been searching online, because it's not like a kid's booster - it doesn't really have arm rests, more like little hubs instead (I know I can't fit my butt into any of the boosters, half a cheek at the most ;) ) I also noticed (at this point I admit that I paused the screen for about 10 minutes :eek: ) that the booster went all the way to the edge of the vehicle seat (which is why I think it was easy to overlook as a booster at all). All my searches are turning up blank ("little people" yields toys, "LP" yields the Compass series). It was a brownish houndstooth looking pattern, with darker brown piping around the edge...

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I saw the preview for that episode-- Amy was going to talk at her alma mater, right?

IT looked like she was in a booster while Matt wasn't using ANYTHING (no booster, no seatbelt!).

doriansmummy

I dvr this show as well.. we really like it.
We live right in Oregon as well (about 25 mins away from them) we want to go get our pumpkins from them this year!:thumbsup:

That Matt.. :thumbsdown:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
How fun!

Their farm looks really cool!

The family does seem very nice. I just don't like their seatbelt habits. But they do seem like a lovely family!

doriansmummy

How fun!

Their farm looks really cool!

The family does seem very nice. I just don't like their seatbelt habits. But they do seem like a lovely family!

I love watching the siblings the most!:thumbsup:
They are really sweet to each other, there parents seemed to have raised them in a way even when they are "rude" to eachother its not that bad.:D

tjham

Just to counter all the Regent hoopla ;)

I'm watching last night's episode (yes, I DVR them). Amy and Matt in the van on their way the airport to go to Las Vegas, and Amy is DEFINITELY using some sort of backless booster - definitely an adult (LP) product - it didn't look like one I'd seen before. It brought her up enough so that the head restraint was on the highest setting, with her head positioned pretty well.

Meanwhile, Matt sat next to her without a seat belt :mad:

So, hopefully, Amy was the one driving?

MsFacetious

Neither was driving, someone was driving them to the airport.

I thought the episode was cool. When Amy walked out on stage and everyone gave her a standing ovation that was so cool. I can only imagine how awesome it must be for her parents after all the uncertainty I'm sure they felt when she was born. :)

Very cool that she went back and spoke. I never could speak in front of people... lol

Kellyr2

I made a point of looking closely in the episodes where she is driving and they've either got the drivers seat modified or have a booster there. I know they've got the pedals modified. Of course, then I always notice that the kids aren't sitting right.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Neither was driving, someone was driving them to the airport.

I thought the episode was cool. When Amy walked out on stage and everyone gave her a standing ovation that was so cool. I can only imagine how awesome it must be for her parents after all the uncertainty I'm sure they felt when she was born. :)

Very cool that she went back and spoke. I never could speak in front of people... lol

Oh yeah, when they showed shots of her family in the audience, I got a little teary (but I'm a super emotional person since DD was born).

Their farm seems so neat; what an amazing place to grow up in! I like how the kids are always involved with the process as well.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
tonight's show 7/16 - spoiler alert

Did anyone watch the show tonight? If you haven't yet, I don't mean to spoil it for you, but brace yourself for the last few minutes of the episode. Please read no further if you don't want to be "spoilered." ;)

Matt rents a gigantic R.V. for a family road trip. There are some eye popping clips of the kids unrestrained, walking around, wrestling/rough housing, etc. in the R.V. as Matt drives it speedily down the road. :eek: I think Amy was also shown moving around inside the R.V. while it was in motion. :thumbsdown: The R.V. scenes were a teaser for a road trip episode to be shown next season. Must every family on TLC with shaky child passenger safety/parental passenger safety practices have a road trip episode involving a recreational vehicle? :mad:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC