Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Lysandra
    CPST, LLLL and SAHM
    Mia 13, Ian 10, Clek Olli x2, TB and BubbleBum

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Consumer Advisory for Regent Child Restraint - Product Update

Did anyone else recieve this letter. I am confused about what I need to do. First off I have a Regent and a Husky. I wonder if these new guidelines apply to the Husky since it's made just like the Regent?? If I am reading this letter right, I now have to use Latch along with the seatbelt short path for a child who is 46 pounds and a child 49 pounds? I am also required to use a top tether starting at 40pounds?

I don't use latch right now on either seat and I use the long path on both because that is the best fit. I don't see how the short path can improve the fit of the seat.

I thought you used Latch or a seat belt not both, as you can see, I'm a bit confused what I need to do. I'd like to keep them installed with the long path if possible.

Thanks

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar

Re: Consumer Advisory for Regent Child Restraint - Product Update

1) No, Britax says this does not apply to the Husky.

2) Britax hasn't said *why* they've changed their recommendations, only that they have, so no one here can tell you how the short path could be better or worse than the long path.

3) You are correct. Use either LATCH or seatbelt. If you do use LATCH, you need to thread it through either the long path or the short path, based on how much your child weighs. Others have criticized Britax for being unclear on this point, as well.
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!