Why 2 armrest settings on TB?

Jenny

WOndering why there are 2 arm rest settings for the turbobooster -- just for comfort? any guidelines about ages or weight/height at which you should use each setting.

I set mine at the lowest thinking the belt is more secure there. And yes have the screws in:) Where and why have you sets yours?
Jenny

ADS

Dillipop

It lets the seat grow with the child. I use the lowest setting for my younger kids-5-8ish so I get a nice, low lap belt. As kids get older though, the higher setting works to keep the belt low, but not too low.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
it has to do with the size of the child, and the belt geometry of the vehicle/seating position. In general, the lower setting works better for smaller kids, and the higher one for bigger older kids. It will actually place the lap belt slightly differently depending on the setting. My dd uses hers on the lower setting. That keeps the lap belt nice and low on her thighs. SADLY, what I see are a lot of TB's with them on the upper setting, because that is where the armrests are most useful as ...ARMRESTS....but on a smaller child, that can let the lap belt ride up way too high.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC