Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Random booster questions

Which ones have LATCH? Do you think it i safer to have a booster seat with LATCH? Is the SGL safer because of the SG thing, or does that not really matter?
    Jeni- CPST and Mom to: Parker 6 Diono Mont. and Combi Hbb, Myles 3 Foonf and RXT. Day care provider to J, A, Z, Radians x 3!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Random booster questions

Cybex, Parkway SGL, Monterey, Oobr....I think thats it with latch. The SG strap on the Parkway helps to reduce the chance of a smaller child submarining under the seat belt in the event of a crash. Yes, I think that it could make a difference. At the same time, I removed our SG strap for my 8y/o because she hates it and at her age & weight I don't see the need for it anyway. My dd2 cannot ride in the Parkway because she is not yet 40lbs.
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt
    DD2 8y/o 45" 52lbs. backless
    DS 7y/o 51" 58lbs. ProBooster or backless

My ds is not very small, he is 45lbs, about 44". Have you ever tried the Cybex?
    Jeni- CPST and Mom to: Parker 6 Diono Mont. and Combi Hbb, Myles 3 Foonf and RXT. Day care provider to J, A, Z, Radians x 3!

Yes, I tried the Cybex and didn't like it. My kids felt like they were being launched out of the seat and hated it. I really wanted to like it but oh well. And this was just my experience, many other love it. I think its a nice booster, but wasn't there a really scary crash test video of it
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt

WOWZA! That is scary!

Quote Originally Posted by jenfrogmom View Post
    WOWZA! That is scary!
    I can't find that video, but really it is a good booster and worth considering.
    Here is my dd2 in the Cybex and you can how it provides a great fit.
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt

That is a great fit! I might take kiddo to the store and try it.

That is the best way to do it. A booster is going to fit your child and vehicle differently and finding the right combination is key. Have a good time and be sure to take lots of pics for us
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt