Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Help me decide!

Senior Community Member momtoo3's Avatar

Help me decide!

I have been waiting for diapers.com to get the new Montereys in. They have them now in Shadow, pink, grey and red on sale for $127.49. Ds2 really wants a blue booster. Do I wait for the blue one to be released at the end of the month or do I get the Shadow (his 2nd choice) now because they are on sale? I don't know if it is worth $22 more to get the blue if they are not still on sale. I need to order from diapers.com because I have a $45 credit.

Stephanie, mom to Austin 17 yrs, 135 lbs, 67 in, seat belt
    Tyler 12 yrs, 95 llbs, 60 in, seat belt

Dominick 8.5 yrs, 52 lbs, 50 in, in a Performance Booster, Amp and HiRise
    And Emily, 8-9-14, 2.5 yrs 30 lbs, 35 in, ERF in a CA65, Grow & Go and MA70

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Help me decide!

For $22 more I would get the blue. If it was that much of a stretch I would probably be looking at less expensive boosters though. And that blue looks so nice...just wait for it. Your DS will be so happy.

Sydnee 1/6/07 34lbs
    Kip 6/15/09 26lbs RF
    Different seats for different days

4. Thank You from:

CPS Fanatic

I'd wait for the blue, too. However, I like the blue better than shadow and if it was my seat I'd have to look at it every day. So my reasoning only works if you like the blue, too.

6. Thank You from:

I do like the blue better than shadow. I am just trying to be smart about money with the holidays. I just realized I could get a red Vivo and only pay about $15 with using my credit and a coupon code. Then I could sell the PWSGL that ds2 doesn't like and use that to buy the blue Monterey. I have wanted to try a Vivo but am worried about seat depth. Ds2 is very leggy. More decisions, ugh!
    Last edited by momtoo3; 11-09-2011 at 10:28 AM.

There is a red Vivo expected to be delivered tomorrow. He will get the Blue Monterey as soon as it comes out and I sell the PWSGL. He fits great in the PWSG but not so great in the PWSGL. I needed a new booster before the weekend. I sat him in the GN in dh's car and he was slightly over the top slots (about a 1/4 inch.) So by the end of the year he will be riding in a PWSG, Vivo and Monterey. Then ds3 gets a new seat and I am done buying seats....maybe .

I'd wait for the blue. When I've compromised on what cover to get I always buy it later costing more money in the long run.

Emily tech and mom to Jacob 16, Daniel 13, Benjamin 9, Elizabeth 6. Child care provider to 4 other kiddos.

Quote Originally Posted by emandbri View Post
    I'd wait for the blue. When I've compromised on what cover to get I always buy it later costing more money in the long run.
    I am waiting for the blue to come out . We have 3 vehicles that he needs seats in. I had to get a new seat for dh's car because he outgrew the GN. He has the PWSG in my van that will go to dh's car if the Vivo doesn't fit and he has a PWSGL in our truck that I will be selling to pay for part of the blue Monterey. I'm not sure how I decided he would get 2 new boosters but I did .