Help me decide!

momtoo3

I have been waiting for diapers.com to get the new Montereys in. They have them now in Shadow, pink, grey and red on sale for $127.49. Ds2 really wants a blue booster. Do I wait for the blue one to be released at the end of the month or do I get the Shadow (his 2nd choice) now because they are on sale? I don't know if it is worth $22 more to get the blue if they are not still on sale. I need to order from diapers.com because I have a $45 credit.

ADS

Mom2three

For $22 more I would get the blue. If it was that much of a stretch I would probably be looking at less expensive boosters though. And that blue looks so nice...just wait for it. Your DS will be so happy.

babyherder

I'd wait for the blue, too. However, I like the blue better than shadow and if it was my seat I'd have to look at it every day. So my reasoning only works if you like the blue, too.

momtoo3

I do like the blue better than shadow. I am just trying to be smart about money with the holidays. I just realized I could get a red Vivo and only pay about $15 with using my credit and a coupon code. Then I could sell the PWSGL that ds2 doesn't like and use that to buy the blue Monterey. I have wanted to try a Vivo but am worried about seat depth. Ds2 is very leggy. More decisions, ugh!

Last edited:

momtoo3

There is a red Vivo expected to be delivered tomorrow. He will get the Blue Monterey as soon as it comes out and I sell the PWSGL. He fits great in the PWSG but not so great in the PWSGL. I needed a new booster before the weekend. I sat him in the GN in dh's car and he was slightly over the top slots (about a 1/4 inch.) So by the end of the year he will be riding in a PWSG, Vivo and Monterey. Then ds3 gets a new seat and I am done buying seats....maybe ;).

emandbri

I'd wait for the blue. When I've compromised on what cover to get I always buy it later costing more money in the long run. :eek:

momtoo3

I'd wait for the blue. When I've compromised on what cover to get I always buy it later costing more money in the long run. :eek:

I am waiting for the blue to come out :). We have 3 vehicles that he needs seats in. I had to get a new seat for dh's car because he outgrew the GN. He has the PWSG in my van that will go to dh's car if the Vivo doesn't fit and he has a PWSGL in our truck that I will be selling to pay for part of the blue Monterey. I'm not sure how I decided he would get 2 new boosters but I did :).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC