Recaro Monza Reha

lundaylove

I came across this seat earlier and i really like the look of this for my almost 5 year old daughter with Down Syndrome. She just recently outgrew the Radian80SL in height and i just feel its not beefy enough for forward facing and she is already on the top slot so there really isnt a whole lot of time left even though she is a slow grower in the torso department. She has mild hypotonia and behavioral issues so sitting on her own or in a booster is a definite NO for any time soon. She is mentally about a 3-4yo level. *her school had a major fail of placing her on regular bus and she was up adn running the whole 3 miles and it was bad. she now is back on her SN bus in a harness*

Anyways, im trying to find out info on the seat but am not finding any info on the torso height that the seat will accommodate. I know it will go up to 110lbs but other than that not much else on specifics.
Any info would be great, thanks!

ADS

lundaylove

The Monza is a booster seat with a positioning harness. The harness is for support only, the child is to be restrained by the adult seatbelt.

What does she weigh? I'd look into keeping her in a true harness for now. The Frontier85 has top slots 2" higher than the Radian and is wider with more SIP.

she is about 37-38lbs now. I definitely have been thinking about getting another FN85 for her (i currently have one for her sister but its getting passed to my son who is younger but taller/heavier than Riley is) but wasnt sure if a seat specifically designed for SN kids would be better.

Mommy0608

Have you tried her in the FR85? If she's got a few inches of torso growth room, that's what I'd get in that situation. It'll last her a while yet, and if she still needs a harness once she's outgrown it, you could look into SN seats. :)

For what it's worth, my DD is 5 and weighs 35lbs. She's long in the torso too, and needs to be harnessed for a long time yet due to a medical issue. She's got a decent amount of growing room in the FR85 and loves the seat.

vamom

I recently tried out several special needs seats. I looked at the monza, the snugseat pilot, the columbia 2400, and the roosevelt. The monza was the smallest. The pilot is similar, being a booster (the monteray from sunshine kids) with a 4 point harness. The harness did not offer the support my son needed. The 2400 left a lot to be desired and the crotch strap was already outgrown by my child. We went with the merritt roosevelt. The company is amazing to work with, the seat is amazing, and insurance covered the cost. My ds is 54.5", almost 9, and 63#s. It has tons of room to grow, says it is super comfy, was easy to install, is well made, and we also purchased the seat extender for more depth for his long legs. I can't speak highly enough of it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC