Britax Decathlon vs. Boulevard

pandagil

My 7 month DD is almost too big for her infant seat, 18lbs and 29 inches. I purchased 2 Britax Decathlons this weekend to replace her infant seat. However, I am seeing lots of negative reviews regarding the Decathlon harness adjustment on this website. So now I'm starting to second guess my decision and I'm wondering if I should return these seats and buy 2 Boulevards instead.

We decided on the Decathlon as DD did not seem to like the wings of the BV when we sat her in it. She kept trying to pull herself forward to see around the wings, and wouldn't stop chewing on the wings! In addition, she is a little hot water bottle. So, I was concerned she would get too hot in the BV with the wings around her (we live in TX). When I put her in the Decathlon she seemed more comfortable and was able to see around (she is a nosy rosy!). I also liked that the Decathlon had the adjustable crotch strap, my DD has a very long torso. I was concerned the BV crotch strap may not last until she outgrows the car seat.

Does anyone have any advice on the Decathlon vs. Boulevard? If I'm going to have problems with the Decathlon harness I would prefer to just exchange the seats now rather than later.

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
How could she reach the wings to chew on them :confused:

The crotch strap is sort of a non issue, IMO -- just loosen the harness to buckle, then tighten it back up....

What I like most about the Boulevard over the Decathalon (other than the easy harness height adjustment) is that it has the new Rip Stitch tether: enhances Ride Down to further reduce crash forces upon the child.

But, if you're happy with the Decathalon then I wouldn't worry about changing! Every seat is very safe so long as it is used correctly ;)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I love the Boulevard.

My niece rides in it and has never had a problem seeing around the wings. She doesn't complain at all. :) She rides in a Marathon and ROundabout in her parents' cars and a Boulevard in my or my mom's car. She doesn't seem to mind the wings at all.

I am curous... how did she chew on the wings? I am trying to get an image of that. :) :p

LimePink

Senior Community Member
I love our Decathlon! My daughter is the same way and doesn't like the BV wings. We haven't had any problems with our DC if that makes you feel any better! :thumbsup:

pandagil

Thanks for the feedback, your advice is greatly appreciated.

We tried her in a Boulevard at BRU. She would turn her head all the way to the side, swing her arm up, pull the wing towards her and then just start sucking and chewing on them! She is a resourceful little thing :D . Maybe the wings were set too low.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC