Britax Regent Short Belt Path w/Recline Bar Great Installs

wondering1

1994 Toyota Camry
rear center
manual lap only belt
three twists of the female belt stalk
Rock solid
Child is almost 5 and ranges from 39-41 lbs depending on the day

Britax said that in our situation, to go ahead and leave the seat with short belt path regardless of occasions when child is at 39 lbs.

Share your success story!

ADS

Lys

Senior Community Member
2006 Honda Pilot
passenger side outboard
SBP,w/recline bar, tethered
2 twists of female belt stalk
5yo 43 lbs 44"

scatterbunny

1999 Ford Windstar
Third row, outboard
Short belt path+recline bar+top tether
Not rock-solid, but less than an inch of movement at the belt path, so it's acceptable
6yo, 51 pounds, 49 inches

Could not get a solid install using SBP+recline bar in any other seating position.

TxMomma

I did it :D

2005 Kia Sedona
SBP 3rd row outboard with recline bar and top tether. I also had to twist the female buckle 3 times, and use muscles I didn't even know I had!
No movement at the belt path! I'll try it in other positions later in the week when DH is here to watch the kids for me.

My girls don't need SBP yet, so I was just testing it out.

trailrunnermom

Edited to remove -- the SBP install I tried with my Husky in the Odyssey captain's chair was *not* acceptable because the buckle was against the belt path.

Last edited:

arly1983

2004 Ford Windstar
Driver outboard capt's chair
Short belt path+recline bar+top tether
.5 in movement in belt path

Recline trick didn't work, seat belt went across lever so I couldn't unrecline the seat once tightened.

rowena___.

2002 PT cruiser
center seat position
short belt route, top tether, recline bar
didn't do anything else.
SOLID. no movement at belt path
took us less than one minute to install

twom

Just to make sure you know, for those using a lap-only belt, the new manual states that the seat belt must be routed *inside* the recline bar.

I'll try my Huskies out with the SBP one of these days, but it will be an extra PITA because I have ELR belts, so I have to do a locking clip too.

mommy2env

Just to make sure you know, for those using a lap-only belt, the new manual states that the seat belt must be routed *inside* the recline bar.

I'll try my Huskies out with the SBP one of these days, but it will be an extra PITA because I have ELR belts, so I have to do a locking clip too.

Is it required to be routed *inside* the recline bar only with a lapbelt or with a shoulder/lapbelt too? I havent had time to read the manual online. :confused:

twom

Is it required to be routed *inside* the recline bar only with a lapbelt or with a shoulder/lapbelt too? I havent had time to read the manual online. :confused:

Yes, only with the lap-only belt. With the lap/shoulder belt it routes outside the recline bar.

mommy2env

Yes, I did it!!

2006 Toyota Sienna
Captains chair passenger side
SBP, recline bar, top tether.
Almost 7yr old (on July 21st) 60lbs, 46 inches.

***I know that the top tether has a weight limit, I am unaware of the limit in my van, but have made a parental decision to follow the car seat manufacturer's instructions and tether the seat. :)***

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
2006 Honda Pilot
passenger side outboard
SBP,w/recline bar, tethered
2 twists of female belt stalk
5yo 43 lbs 44"

FYI, be careful about twisting the belt stalk too many times - I don't have my manual with me but I believe in our CPS class we were told it's okay to twist up to one full 360-degree twist on the female end and 180-degrees on the male end. Any other techs want to comment on this? Is that correct or is it okay to twist more than one full twist?

cay22

Chrysler Town and Country 2004
Second row captins chair
SBP, recline bar, top tether
rock solid install for a 3yr old who is 40.5# and 42.5 in tall

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Based on posts here by other techs, my understanding is it's alright to twist the female buckle stalk up to 3 full twists. :)

lynsgirl

FYI, be careful about twisting the belt stalk too many times - I don't have my manual with me but I believe in our CPS class we were told it's okay to twist up to one full 360-degree twist on the female end and 180-degrees on the male end. Any other techs want to comment on this? Is that correct or is it okay to twist more than one full twist?

Up to 3 full twists of the female end (buckle) is acceptable and a half-twist (180, like you said)/flip of the male/latchplate end is ok.

Last edited:

lynsgirl

2005 Toyota Sienna LE 8-passenger

I tried it outboard in the third row and I guess I'd term it "acceptable" because I got it to move less than an inch at the belt path, but it was so reclined because of the slope of the van seat. The belt bunched up pretty bad in the latchplate and I tried installing with the buckle twisted twice (couldn't get it to twist a third time) and it went better with it completely untwisted.

I moved it to the center of the 2nd row and it's rock solid now, but it was a ton of work and the buckle is bunched up even worse than in the third row.

nurse_reedle

'03 Ford Taurus
Outboard Passenger's Side
SBP w/recline bar and TT
Just trying to make sure it worked in our car as our son is still too small to install this way.
TIGHT no movement whatsoever.
Didn't do anything "extra".

Is there one of these for the LBP? Thanks!

maidencomfort

disclaimer - I have husky's, but they should install the same, right?

2003 Chevy suburban - middle row. I didn't try the middle position, but I got a rock solid install w/o even doing the tether (my pregnant belly doesn't lean over seats too well) using both latch and shoulder/lap belt with sbp and recline bar.

shirada

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
3rd row bench seat, Driver Outboard
2 twists of female belt stalk necessary, (if not then buckle will poke through belt opening to front of seat)
SBP, Recline and tether
7yrs 50lbs

Will NOT work in 3rd row center position with SBP/Lap belt only

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
middle row both positions (bench seat)
3rd row middle- buckle twisted 3 times, latchplate 1/2 turn
all w/ tether
I haven't tried 3rd row outboard but pp has

2005 Kia Spectra
all positions- buckle twisted 3 times

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC