Can I still use her seat like this?

KatieGrace

Katie peed in her car seat yesterday on the way home from a trip, so I took her cover off to wash it and one of the clips that clip the bottom front of the cover to the bottom front of the seat was broken off. I found the broken piece, so I have all the parts, but it can't be fixed. The clip on the other side is there, so that part of the cover can be clipped on, but the other side can't. It's the very front bottom of the seat. (I can't take pics if I'm not making sense) I guess I am going to call Britax tomorrow and see what they will do about it, but is it ok to use in the meantime since all the clip does is clip the cover to the seat? I really need it for tomorrow. She is in a Britax Boulevard 70. TIA!

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador
Yep! As long as the cover is staying on, you're good. I'd still call Britax and get a replacement part, but I know that some people intentionally don't snap down the front of their True Fit cover because taking it off/putting it back on otherwise is so easy. They just shove that part down between the TF and the vehicle seat.

CrazyBoysMamma

As long as the cover isn't bunching up behind her or interfering with the harness in some other way I wouldn't worry. You should see the cover on my parkway, I put it in the dryer and the elastic gave out. It's all kinds of funky and I still use it. I would still see if Britax will replace it in your situation.

KatieGrace

Thanks everyone! I called Britax and told them about my cover and they are sending me a new cover. All I had to do was take a picture of the broken clip and e-mail it to them. I am so pleased with their customer service!

crunchierthanthou

Yeah, half the time I just wedge the front of the cover between the shell and vehicle seat with my RA55. :eek: It's a pain to get the little clips back on after doing a seatbelt install.

Britax does have really good customer service when you're under warranty.

Cath3114

KatieGrace said:
Thanks everyone! I called Britax and told them about my cover and they are sending me a new cover. All I had to do was take a picture of the broken clip and e-mail it to them. I am so pleased with their customer service!

Hmm, I might need to do this. I hadn't even thought about it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC