18 month old putting her leg up against the door...

todzwife

DD is outboard, drivers side. I noticed the other day that she was putting her leg over the seat, against the door. This is more of a problem in her CCO than the Marathon, but the MA70 doesn't fit as well in my car.

How much of a danger is this? Obviously, if we get hit on that side her leg will be injured. Is there anything I can do to get her to stop?:eek:

ADS

Jessica61624

I don't think its that dangerous. My ds does that also. I already have to keep him from messing the the seat belt which is dangerous. If you got hit her leg would probably move. Who knows which way it might go.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Do you mean she's putting her foot between the seat and the door, or just resting her foot on the door? If her foot is just touching, I don't see a problem. If it's between the door and the seat, that could be a problem, though only if you're in a crash with the side impact right there.

My daughter does that sometimes in the Radian, and if I see it, I tell her to move her foot. If we were to get hit there, I imagine it would crush her leg--at best.

So, yeah, I'd say it's a hypothetical concern, but in reality probably (hopefully) won't ever come into play. As for what to do about it, teach her not to, or get a seat with higher sides.

luckyclov

So, yeah, I'd say it's a hypothetical concern, but in reality probably (hopefully) won't ever come into play. As for what to do about it, teach her not to, or get a seat with higher sides.
Yeah, that.

Why doesn't the MA70 work in your vehicle? Is it a space issue or incompatibility issue?

That's what my DS rides in and it contains his legs very well - one of the reasons I like it.

todzwife

Yeah, that.

Why doesn't the MA70 work in your vehicle? Is it a space issue or incompatibility issue?

That's what my DS rides in and it contains his legs very well - one of the reasons I like it.

It's up, over the side of the CCO and sometimes on the door (straight) but sometimes is just resting over the side between the seat and the door.

The MA70 is just too tall for my stupid car. It works ok, IF I move my headrest up, which compromises my safety because I have no headrest at my head then. I despise this vehicle when it comes to car seat compatibility. It makes me angry. It's a great car IF you don't have more than 2 kids (which we do).

gigi

Can you install the MA more upright by any chance? I'm shocked to hear there is a front to back space issue with the MA70...I've had a RF EFTA there no problem at a toddler angle and been able to drive safely. I have also had my T35 there and been able to drive in front of it. I'm short, but have a bit of room to spare.

Did you move the second row all the way back?

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Hmm. :( Check your car's manual, but often they don't want any part of the passenger leaning on the door with those side curtain air bags.

Is there any way to rearrange your kids so she's in a center position?

todzwife

Hmm. :( Check your car's manual, but often they don't want any part of the passenger leaning on the door with those side curtain air bags.

Is there any way to rearrange your kids so she's in a center position?

You're right- it does say that.

I can put her center, but it's super hard on my back.:(

gigi

Here is the pic you requested of the T35. In the picture the passenger seat is 4" or so further back than my drivers seat. If I have time to throw it behind the drivers seat this week, I'll post that pic too.

And I had a major lapse of memory in my PM...when my son was RF in this position it was in a classic boulevard and there was plenty of room for it (it was tethered to the inside track of the front seat)...I think more room than with the T35.

todzwife

Thank you for the pictures- it does look like you have plenty of room...I just can't figure it out!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC