How long does it typically take to grow 2" of torso height?

todzwife

DD2 has 3 inches to the top of the shell in her CCO. It is the only seat that fits RFing in my car. I have a MA70 that we use in a pinch, but the fit isn't stellar- and we have to move the headrest up if it's reclined at all (which is not good since I'm short).

I was really hoping to RF until 3 but she's only got 2 inches of growth before the CCO is outgrown RFing. I'm going to try a couple more things, but what if I can only get her to 2? I'll cry!:eek: She's only 18 months but has a long torso (which is opposite of my other 2-they had long legs!:rolleyes:)

ADS

skylinphoto

For my dd...from 2.5 yrs to 3.5 yrs, she grew a good two inches or more in her torso. She had loads of room in her cco a year ago. I swore she'd get to 4 yrs old rf in it (I make small kids)..but she outgrew it by height well before 3.5 yrs old.

ETA: here's pics (taken exactly a year apart)
October 31st last year:
5129246036_ba90999e84.jpg

Taken tonight (not installed since we don't use it anymore):
IMG_20111105_195241.jpg

this is probably not a typical situation. My dd has problems with weight and growth and due to diet changes in the past year has grown a lot (gained 4 lbs and grew nearly 4 inches..apparently most of that growth was in her torso). :)

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

VoodooChile

My dd's torso was about 13" at 16 months (we had issues with her Evenflo Titan), and now at 6, it's not much over 15". So in our case, almost 5 years...

KaiLing

Holy cow that's a lot of growth on a beautiful girl!

Mine has had basically the same size torso for half a year (15-16" I can't measure it the same way twice, try as I might). I think I first measured him when he was a little shy of 2.5 and now, less than 2 months out from age 3 his torso is really really similar. He's getting taller, just in his legs.

Last year, though, he outgrew all the shells of every non-Radian thing. So mine, at least, goes in fits and starts: torso then legs.

henrietta

I think it can take a fairly long time for most, average sized and average growing kiddos. Like 2-3 yrs. It seems like for every couple of inches grown overall, the torso is just small part of that. Legs grow a lot in the toddler/early preschool age range.

Have you posted on here before about your make/model of car and rearfacing seats? If not, we might be able to help you figure something out. There are seats that fit rearfacing in small backseats better than an MA, and as your baby gets older, you can have the seat a bit more upright which makes a lot more room.

hths

henrietta

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC