Carseat on a train?

SavsMom

Has anyone installed a carseat on an Amtrak train? DD and I are taking the train on Monday up to Orlando to pick up a car at the auction for my dad. I will be taking my Maestro with me.

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
There are no seatbelts on Amtrak trains, so no way for you to install a car seat. We took an Amtrak train 8+ hours (each way) this summer and I felt perfectly comfortable with no seatbelts/car seats.

SavsMom

Thanks - I wasn't sure. Do you know if they will let me bring her seat on the train or would I have to check it - I will need it when we get to Orlando for the drive back down to Palm Beach -

rxmommy

When we rode on Amtrak I brought the seats on board with me (2 of them, a RA40 and an SR22 since my girls were little) and stowed them. I don't believe anyone handled them but me.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Whenever I've ridden on Amtrak with a small child I have carried the seat onboard with me. Your child can theoretically sit in it on the train, but unless you need to do that so the child will sleep or something there's really no point. It can't be fastened to anything; there are no seat belts on the train.

If you're on a Superliner, there are stowage areas on the lower level where you can put things like car seats and other large carry-on items.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC