Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Shipping seats?

Shipping seats?

I am considering shipping a GN to a friend whose DD is in an outgrown seat right now. I don't have the boxes anymore. What is the best safest way to ship it? I have all different moving boxes including the heavy duty ones used for dishes. What should it be packed with though? What is the average cost to ship them since it's so heavy. I wish I had been able to get one of the FRs on wayfair for her but didn't in time.
    Thanks
    ~Shannon
    DD (11.5) Seatbelt; DS (9) Incognito; DD2 (7) Britax Parkway; DD3 (4.5) Graco Nautilus

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member rachelandtyke's Avatar

Re: Shipping seats?

Dish pack would be good. Check out the USPS website to see what the measurements are that take a parcel from "large" to "oversize" as that will make a big jump in price. If at all possible, try to find a box that is under that max. I think it's 84" total (length + width + height). I think that is the same for UPS, FedEx, and USPS.
    DD1: 14, finally five-stepping!
    DS: 10, LBTB, Harmony Youth Booster
    DD2: 6, Chicco KidFit, HBTB w/ SS

Carseat Crazy

Re: Shipping seats?

Ditto what PP poster said about finding a box that keeps you under the "oversize" catagory. I have always found USPS Parcel Post to be much cheaper than Fedex or UPS (unless you're "oversize"), but it doesn't hurt to get a quote from all three.
    Nicole
    Mama to two little girls riding in a Primrose SK Radian and a newly redecorated Flora Radian.

Thanks! Ok, it fits very snuggly in the dish pack. Its basically wedged in but not stretching the box. Is that good enough protection? It's very strong corrugated card board. Should I leave the head rest on or remove it?
    ~Shannon
    DD (11.5) Seatbelt; DS (9) Incognito; DD2 (7) Britax Parkway; DD3 (4.5) Graco Nautilus