Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738

Re: GO TO WAYFAIR NOW!!! Frontiers! SGL! RA55!

Quote Originally Posted by msg221 View Post
    I hate those lockoffs! They are so much harder to close than the ones on the TF!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! I had a whole thread about it on the Installation Issues forum.

My Parkway is also 7/10 DOM. I think the SGL may be 2/10. But I can't complain for the prices, either.
    Mom to 2 adults and 2 little kids.
    Tall 8 year old in Incognito; Petite 3 year old RF in CA65

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic
    My SGL was 6/2011 not bad at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Brigala View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! I had a whole thread about it on the Installation Issues forum.

My Parkway is also 7/10 DOM. I think the SGL may be 2/10. But I can't complain for the prices, either.
    I know! When I was searching for info on it, I found your thread! I was so pissed off today, in the parking garage, trying to get that stupid lockoff closed. I realized that it only said to close the one closest to the buckle after I finally had it all installed, then I was wondering if that was correct. Then I found out I didn't have to use them at all if the seatbelts locked! Oh well. And I found the e-mail I thought I had from Sarah Tilton at Britax saying that they changed the requirements to only needing to close one of them.

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

And.... the price changing continues over at Wayfair

Onyx frontier now $184
    Maggie - Rollin' hard in my Swagger Wagon with my 3 lil' men all properly restrained

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brigala

Was the SGL out in 2/10? I thought it was only released on the last year or so. Time flies.

my phone thinks it's smarter than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by crunchierthanthou View Post
    Was the SGL out in 2/10? I thought it was only released on the last year or so. Time flies.

Okay i admit i may be not so skilled at my google-foo.... but from what i just found parkway sgl's came out just 1 year ago - Nov 2010.... so it'd be impossible for her to get a true sgl with a dom of 2/10
    Maggie - Rollin' hard in my Swagger Wagon with my 3 lil' men all properly restrained

Yes, I'm an idiot. I meant 7/11 and 2/11.

I knew what I meant, my fingers didn't get the message right. Sorry.

Pathways b570 for $48. Probably could use a code to save a few bucks.

Senior Community Member aeormsby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crunchierthanthou View Post
    Pathways b570 for $48. Probably could use a code to save a few bucks.
    I just saw these. One in my cart. Are they good for fit?

It's one I've had on my list of possibilities for DD, and the price is definitely good!
    Ann

DD - 1/06 - 5-stepping
    DS - 12/07 - Incognito, Recaro Performance Booster & Harmony Literiders
    And a Bubble Bum for backup/travel

The belt guides make it much better than the other compass boosters in terms of fit. It's wider than average, and the armrests make it wider in terms of puzzling. I don't think it's all that tall. It does have some fans, though.

Senior Community Member aeormsby's Avatar

Hmm, if it's wider it might not work so well. Stupid fixed short angled buckle stalks.

I kind of want to check out the new & improved Turbos that are coming out anyway.

If anyone else snags it I'd love a review!
    Ann

DD - 1/06 - 5-stepping
    DS - 12/07 - Incognito, Recaro Performance Booster & Harmony Literiders
    And a Bubble Bum for backup/travel

CPS Fanatic
    I had a b570 briefly and it was REALLY nice. I did not think it was crazy wide. The belt fit was great on my 4.5 yo, 42", 42 pound son (who is too young to use it). I bought it for my nephew, but it didn't end up a great fit in my car. It was SO lovely and plush and solid...I really wish it had fit my seats better

Senior Community Member solmama's Avatar

We have a Compass B570, and it's a nice booster. It fits my skinny ds really well. It's also sturdy and the cover is soft. He is comfortable in it (when he rides in it, which is rarely).
    DD-12 years, 68"
    DS-10 years, 60"

I have a Parkway SG in Maui for $80.15 that I'll hold if someone wants it. Just let me know when to release it. I will not buy it as I have no need for it.

ALL the clearance-priced Onyx FR85s disappeared today. They were there this morning - 17 of them! I sold my Rushmore and was seriously thinking of using the money to buy an Onyx. I have sales pending on all my boosters and DH and I agreed that if all the sales went through this weekend like they should, I'd go ahead and buy the FR85. Because I need either a booster or a FR85 around for DH's granddaughter. But I sold the FR85 because someone really needed it and I really wanted Onyx to match my other car seats and because I figured it might hold up better since my daughter won't get to use it for another 2-3 years.

*sigh*

If anybody knows of an Onyx Frontier for around $185 or less... LMK. I'm not in a huge rush; the kid I need it for still (barely) fits in a Radian for now. And we can get by with a Harmony LBB for a while if necessary.