GO TO WAYFAIR NOW!!! Frontiers! SGL! RA55!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I hate those lockoffs! They are so much harder to close than the ones on the TF!

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I had a whole thread about it on the Installation Issues forum.

My Parkway is also 7/10 DOM. I think the SGL may be 2/10. But I can't complain for the prices, either.

ADS

msg221

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I had a whole thread about it on the Installation Issues forum.

My Parkway is also 7/10 DOM. I think the SGL may be 2/10. But I can't complain for the prices, either.

I know! When I was searching for info on it, I found your thread! I was so pissed off today, in the parking garage, trying to get that stupid lockoff closed. I realized that it only said to close the one closest to the buckle after I finally had it all installed, then I was wondering if that was correct. Then I found out I didn't have to use them at all if the seatbelts locked! Oh well. And I found the e-mail I thought I had from Sarah Tilton at Britax saying that they changed the requirements to only needing to close one of them.

crunchierthanthou

Brigala said:

Was the SGL out in 2/10? I thought it was only released on the last year or so. Time flies.

my phone thinks it's smarter than I am.

Mags462

Was the SGL out in 2/10? I thought it was only released on the last year or so. Time flies.

my phone thinks it's smarter than I am.

Okay i admit i may be not so skilled at my google-foo.... but from what i just found parkway sgl's came out just 1 year ago - Nov 2010.... so it'd be impossible for her to get a true sgl with a dom of 2/10 :eek:

crunchierthanthou

The belt guides make it much better than the other compass boosters in terms of fit. It's wider than average, and the armrests make it wider in terms of puzzling. I don't think it's all that tall. It does have some fans, though.

aeormsby

Hmm, if it's wider it might not work so well. Stupid fixed short angled buckle stalks.

I kind of want to check out the new & improved Turbos that are coming out anyway.

If anyone else snags it I'd love a review!

gigi

I had a b570 briefly and it was REALLY nice. I did not think it was crazy wide. The belt fit was great on my 4.5 yo, 42", 42 pound son (who is too young to use it). I bought it for my nephew, but it didn't end up a great fit in my car. It was SO lovely and plush and solid...I really wish it had fit my seats better :)

solmama

We have a Compass B570, and it's a nice booster. It fits my skinny ds really well. It's also sturdy and the cover is soft. He is comfortable in it (when he rides in it, which is rarely).

gsdguenter

I have a Parkway SG in Maui for $80.15 that I'll hold if someone wants it. Just let me know when to release it. I will not buy it as I have no need for it.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
ALL the clearance-priced Onyx FR85s disappeared today. They were there this morning - 17 of them! I sold my Rushmore and was seriously thinking of using the money to buy an Onyx. I have sales pending on all my boosters and DH and I agreed that if all the sales went through this weekend like they should, I'd go ahead and buy the FR85. Because I need either a booster or a FR85 around for DH's granddaughter. But I sold the FR85 because someone really needed it and I really wanted Onyx to match my other car seats and because I figured it might hold up better since my daughter won't get to use it for another 2-3 years.

*sigh*

If anybody knows of an Onyx Frontier for around $185 or less... LMK. I'm not in a huge rush; the kid I need it for still (barely) fits in a Radian for now. And we can get by with a Harmony LBB for a while if necessary.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC