Any HBB with wider seat than Monterey?

hsjwmom

So, I'm a total idiot. I bought dd1 a Monterey based on her liking her sister's several months ago. It never crossed my mind that she might GROW. Ugh.

So, anyway, she feels like she has to wedge her butt in. She still likes her Olli, but misses the head wings from her Oobr. (Oobr being sold because of her butt...again. :rolleyes:) I honestly don't understand...I would swear that the Olli isn't as wide as a Monterey.

So, is DD out of luck? Are there any other HBB that are wider inside than the Monterey? She is right around 90lbs. Or do I need to just forget a HBB and get her another Olli? I'm keeping her boostered because I don't like how high the belt comes up on her belly without one.

(Before I return the Monterey I got an awesome deal on, I'm going to have her try her sister's Monterey again tomorrow. Maybe she'll feel differently with it installed? One can hope.)

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I think the Frontiers in booster mode are wider than the Monterey, but the Monterey is pretty wide. It's definitely wider than the Olli.

hsjwmom

I wonder if it's because the higher armrests and the way they angle out, that she is more comfortable in it. Or maybe she's just used to the way it fits already. :confused:

I've been considering a Frontier for dd3 when she outgrows her MA rfing. Maybe I should spring for one now and let dd1 use it in the mean time. I just don't know that I want to commit to a Frontier, I haven't had a chance to check out what other good combo seats are available. I was also toying with the idea of buying another seat to rf her longer, but that isn't likely...she'll be 4 in Feb.

hsjwmom

Thanks! I missed out on the Maui :)()but went ahead and got a Rushmore. For that price, I just couldn't pass it up. Especially since after trying dd1 in her sister's seat, discovered she is already on the highest setting.

On a weird note, dd1 said that dd2's seat, a pink Monterey with a month newer DOM, fit better. :confused: What the heck?!:confused:

Whatever. Rushmore is ordered. I'll keep my eye out for a different cover for when I pass it down to dd3. DD1 is fine with non-girly, though she would have much preferred blue or red. DD3 on the other hand is a total princess, lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC