Nautilus vs Generation65???

lourdes

I am helping a grandmother ho is raising her granddaughter buy a hardness/booster combination seat, so which one is better for a 3 y/o that weights 42 pounds and is 40 inches long??? I guess the Maestro is not an option because of the weight limit.

ADS

tam_shops

Nautilus.

My 5yo still rides in his, he was already too tall for the Generations last summer when we tried it.

He still fits in the Maestro, but the weight limit is lower than the other two seats, so it also depends on the build of your child. ONLY goes to 47#

tam

Last edited:

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
the seats arent really comparable. True, they are both combination seats, but its sort of like saying a crappysport and a radian are comparable just because they are both convertibles. They have drastically different height limits. Like, for most kids, about a 2-3 YEAR difference in usage, because of the drastically different top slot height. :)

Now,..if you could find one, AND it was more than $30 less than the nauti, I'd say go for the apex 65. It's sort of a middle ground between the gen 65 and nauti....the top slots are about 17.5, which is an inch lower than the nautis 18.5, but significantly higher than the gen65s 16.25 inches. And it has the 65 lb weight limit, unlike the maestros 50.
Big lots had them for a while for cheap. If you could lay your hands on one, i think it would work really well for this situation.
Otherwise, I think the nauti is really the best bet. Amazon has the base cover for less than $140 right now.

lourdes

She is big for a puertorrican child, the only thing that worries me is the reviews about the nautilus crotch strap but I just talk to the grandmother and she wants to spend the extra money for a better seat so she will go with the nautilus

tam_shops

Will the new Evenflo seats be coming here that soon? I thought I'd read they were waiting on Canada...And, thanks, missed the 42# weight when I suggested the Maestro, I wouldn't worry about it being so close w/ a 4yo, but w/ a 3yo I wouldn't do it...

Didn't Walmart have the Nautilus on sale in the last flyer? Or is that over now?

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC