Order seat now?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'm 34w+3 today. I've been waiting for 2012 higher weight infant seats to get here (not much in stock prior to this due to our new regulations beginning Jan 2012). A week ago, BRU got in the 2012 SR35 and I figured I should pick it up so I had a seat already. I found out it didn't have Gracopedic foam, and I really want the extra foam in baby's back. So, I decided to push my time limits and wait for an independent baby store that I'm loyal to, to get theirs in which is supposed to have the foam. Yesterday, I get an email from a different independent baby store, they just got the 2012 SR35 in WITH Gracopedic foam! Since I have to order it online, it's going to take at least a week to get to me so if I order tonight, the earliest I would have is likely 36 weeks (shipping is likely 6 business days, and there's potentially 2 weekends in there).

So, do I order it now from the store that has it? or should I push time limits more and wait for the baby store I'm loyal to, to get theirs in? I'm thinking if one store has it, others should be getting theirs shortly...but I guess you never know. I have to order online from either store, and both will take the same amount of shipping time.

Reactions: Kac
ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I probably would only wait another week at the most.
And I guess another thing I should add is that due to infant seat shortages right now, it's possible the baby store that has in them in, could sell out if I wait too long and then I'll have to wait for another shipment which I think stores have more coming end of Nov/beginning of December. Although 2nd baby store could get theirs in in the meantime, but also maybe not.

Pixels

What's your history on delivery? Some women seem to always go 40+, some tend to go around 38, some are always 36.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
What's your history on delivery? Some women seem to always go 40+, some tend to go around 38, some are always 36.
40w for my first, 41+4 for my 2nd (IIRC). 2nd may have been late due to bad positioning; partially transverse and born posterior. My 2nd and 3rd will be closer in age than my 1st and 2nd, if length of time between births has anything to do with anything.

If baby comes and I have no seat yet, I will either end up with a SR35 without the foam that I want/need here, or some other seat that won't work on my stroller or a 22# seat that won't last me 2 winters, depending on availability locally.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Order it.

Order it, silly ;)

Ha-ha! Would it change any of your minds if the store I wanted to order from was a sponsor here?

And is it weird that I added an extra letter to Chila's comment that made it not a child safe word....

Out of curiosity....which cover is it that is going to have the foam?

Flint has the foam. Orbit at TRU/BRU does not. Viceroy may also have the foam, but I haven't been able to confirm that yet. The Viceroy is actually quite nice, kind of has some bubbles/dots on the underside of the canopy and looks like it could be nicer fabric than the Flint. I actually want to wait for it, but supposedly it's not until end of November/beginning of December...that's really pushing it right? ;) The BRU seats came early and the Flint has come early to this retailer, so maybe Viceroy would come early so I could wait for it??? :p

canadiangie

Well, could she ride in a MR65 the first few weeks until this Vicawhatever pattern comes in?

Ha-ha! Would it change any of your minds if the store I wanted to order from was a sponsor here?

And is it weird that I added an extra letter to Chila's comment that made it not a child safe word....

Flint has the foam. Orbit at TRU/BRU does not. Viceroy may also have the foam, but I haven't been able to confirm that yet. The Viceroy is actually quite nice, kind of has some bubbles/dots on the underside of the canopy and looks like it could be nicer fabric than the Flint. I actually want to wait for it, but supposedly it's not until end of November/beginning of December...that's really pushing it right? ;) The BRU seats came early and the Flint has come early to this retailer, so maybe Viceroy would come early so I could wait for it??? :p

canadiangie

If I hadn't sold both of them that would be a grand idea. All I have right now is a Nauti, a Frontier XT and a Monterey.

Damn. I even have the rockin new Resa cover with beyond amazing infant insert I could have sent you to use for those first few weeks.

Oh well...

cryswilkins

I would buy the one available now and keep it in the box and try to wait for what you really want. OR find a local (trustworthy) friend to lend you a seat, just in case?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Damn. I even have the rockin new Resa cover with beyond amazing infant insert I could have sent you to use for those first few weeks.

Oh well...
Well let's just say I'm an idiot then. I was trying to get things out of the house because it while the basement was still under serious construction and there was no end in sight, and everything I owned was on one floor of my house and in the garage and it super stressed me out and I was crying about the damn basement every day, so I sold them to make more room. Garage wasn't even an option since it was full without room for our vehicles.

Now that the basement is useable with only minor finishing touches, I would have had some space for a My Ride.

I would buy the one available now and keep it in the box and try to wait for what you really want. OR find a local (trustworthy) friend to lend you a seat, just in case?
Car seats are normally final sales from independent baby stores in Canada. And the models with Gracopedic foam are not normally available at big box stores. Even if I could return it, shipping cost would be spendy (likely $30-$40). Oh, and trying to sell a $220 brand new infant seat in my city? Ha, people would be offering me $50 if I was lucky.

Chila88

I'm digging the Viceroy. The bubbles are cute and I much prefer a plush fabric to a slick one for our winters. What the heck is with all the black and grey though???? Seriously Graco??? We know of 3 covers so far and every single one is basically solid black and grey??? They must think Canadians are very boring.....

I'm liking the addition of the rebound 'feet' but I'm sad that we won't be able to get covers from swap anymore because of them. :(

I did the same thing! I did a pretty comical double take. :cool:

You guys are too funny! :D

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'm digging the Viceroy. The bubbles are cute and I much prefer a plush fabric to a slick one for our winters. What the heck is with all the black and grey though???? Seriously Graco??? We know of 3 covers so far and every single one is basically solid black and grey??? They must think Canadians are very boring.....
I know! I would much prefer some colour! I guess I can just live with Flint and then see about getting a different cover once more come out. Apparently they are still supposed to be doing Lemongrass (if Elfe answered any of my questions right) and I really like that one. I think that Viceroy and Flint are the only 2 with Gracopedic foam, but the regular covers fit the Gracopedic foam models.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC