Made a decision for Grandma

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Since I'm using the highback boosters in my van to transport homeschool kids with Leila to community classes & my mom refuses to buckle the Cubb into her Prius when it's unused, I'm selling the Cubb & getting the Clek -- this way Grandma will still have the ease of a backless (she has adjustable headrest + shoulder belt in the center as well as rear side curtain airbags).... They use the Jeep for driving long distances anyway because they can buckle the dogs in easier & Leila uses the RSTV center in that vehicle with help from Grandpa (my mom hates the RSTV but my dad loves it).

The LATCH on the Cleck will ease my mind & Leila of course loves that it comes in Zebra :cool: Just wanted to share *WHEW*

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Argh! Well, thanks, guys ... but I finally got to measure the LATCH in her Prius: I know Toyota doesn't allow the outboard anchors for center use, but I couldn't remember how far apart they are & since we don't have a Proper Use clause I was willing to use 'em anyway (just for this booster which is intended to be used with LATCH) -- they're 13" apart, though, so I don't think the Clek will fit in the center :( She'd have to be outboard in which case I'd rather have the Jane Indy Plus, but that's about another $40 (I'm really stretching it to get the Clek!) :confused: She does have side curtain airbags & rarely takes Leila in this vehicle, but my mom wants to keep her own backless booster in her car JIC :shrug-shoulders: I don't want to compromise Leila's safety & I know that my mom + Leila are both diligent about using the booster correctly when my kid is in it, it's just that Grandma NEVER never never remembers to buckle it up when it's not used (Leila only does with a reminder) & she really likes the idea of the LATCH. This is so frustrating!

Last edited:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Goodness, I am starting to freak out about our carseat situations -- Leila's soooooooo close to outgrowing the Apex in our Civic & I'm desparately hoping the slight change to the Regent from the Husky allows me to still use the long belt path in our Civic with buckles that are forward of the bight....

The Clek will be a good choice for my SIL's booster sized kid to use center 3rd row of my van if need be (maybe with EZOn) although I'm hoping I can put the Husky long belt path in that position so that Theresa (9 years old) can use the Compass B510 in the middle row behind driver to help care for the newborn on passenger side :dizzy:

My parents are adamant about having their own seats at all times, but I think we'll need the RSTV in the Civic (with Parkway + who knows what seat for infant) once 2 more kids join our family :confused: so I think I might need to talk my parents into getting a Recaro Start for their Jeep! (they'll have to get used to the idea of moving it between vehicles).

Can I scream now, please???

Last edited:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I just wanna say forget it -- I think I'm just gonna tell Grandma TOO BAD!

I'll move the RSTV between our Civic & their Jeep as needed.
Grandma can use the Apex as a booster in her Prius.
Leila will stay in the center in all vehicles (Husky 3rd row in Freestar).

Theresa can use the Parkway outboard in the Civic, B510 in the Freestar.
No idea what to do about the newborn in the Civic, but hopefully s/he'll be over 5# so we can use a SS1 middle row in Freestar next to Theresa.

But ... now that Leila has seen the Zebra Clek she has not stopped talking about it. To everyone. Everywhere. This is another case of an obsessive desire for animal print! Just like the Husky cover switch we recently fenangled.

I am really tempted to get the Clek with a plan on letting Theresa use it 3rd row center in the Freestar, but I don't need to spend the $ right now. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Hahahahahah ... OK, yes I realize I look a bit loony repeatedly responding to my own thread :rolleyes: but, I just had a brainstorm -- if someone here wanted to sell me a Regent for cheap now with all this hoopla then I could have both Leila & Theresa outboard in the 3rd row with baby in the center of the middle row moved forward :p Pro'ly not happenin', though :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC