Britax expiration question

djma

Is Britax 6 years from the YEAR of DOM or do they expire the same month of manufacture? Ex: DOM 3/2009, does it expire 3/2015 or 12/2015?

TIA

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
:yeahthat: Britax usually has a specific date, not just month/year (at least from the ones I've seen), so you have an actual date that it expires.

New ones are month/year. So by those I'd go to the last day of that month, seven years in the future. Older ones are six years from the date, and they were month/day/year.

Wendy

rachelandtyke

New ones are month/year. So by those I'd go to the last day of that month, seven years in the future. Older ones are six years from the date, and they were month/day/year.

Wendy

Thanks. My oldest seat is from last spring and it still has month/day/year, so I didn't know they'd changed.

crunchierthanthou

Thanks. My oldest seat is from last spring and it still has month/day/year, so I didn't know they'd changed.

Spring 2010, or 2011?

I happen to have a handful of Britax seats in my front room today (all but one are brand new). They range from August 2010 - October 2011. The boxes have the exact day. The stickers on the seat are just day and month. I helped a mom with an old style Advocate last week. The DOM was 06/30/10. As far as I can tell, the new ones all just have month/year on the actual seat.

rachelandtyke

Spring 2010, or 2011?

I happen to have a handful of Britax seats in my front room today (all but one are brand new). They range from August 2010 - October 2011. The boxes have the exact day. The stickers on the seat are just day and month. I helped a mom with an old style Advocate last week. The DOM was 06/30/10. As far as I can tell, the new ones all just have month/year on the actual seat.

Spring 2010. Now I'm curious to go look at the seat (it's in DH's car). I know the DOM is 3/1/10 on the box, but maybe it's just on the box and not the seat? Does that mean I can use it for 30 more days without going over expiration (since most people don't keep the box just in case they decide to sell or trade their seat :whistle:)? ;)

crunchierthanthou

Spring 2010. Now I'm curious to go look at the seat (it's in DH's car). I know the DOM is 3/1/10 on the box, but maybe it's just on the box and not the seat? Does that mean I can use it for 30 more days without going over expiration (since most people don't keep the box just in case they decide to sell or trade their seat :whistle:)? ;)

No, it had the actual day on the seat through at least the end of June 2010. The format didn't change until the new design came out. I've never worried about those last few weeks because I've never kept a seat til expiration. :p

rachelandtyke

No, it had the actual day on the seat through at least the end of June 2010. The format didn't change until the new design came out. I've never worried about those last few weeks because I've never kept a seat til expiration. :p

Well our first seat (shower gift, SR22) is sitting upstairs ticking off the last 2 months until it expires. Second seat (but first I actually purchased) was DD's and then DS's BLVD. It got used all the way up until expiration. It's upstairs because I'm not ready to part with it, lol! I really miss it. Wish I'd gotten another. :( RA50 might get used up until expiration if we have another baby one day. I am hoping DS will have outgrown it by the time it expires, he'll be almost 7 . . .

crunchierthanthou

Oh yeah, I did have my first SR the full six years. Well, nearly. It went to the car seat graveyard last summer when we moved out of state. It had about 4 months left before Graco's December expiration.

thtr4me

My Frontier came with month/day/year printed on the box, but only month/year on the sticker on the seat itself.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC