Found this pic today

Baylor

1990 Looking at that seat scares me now. Although we had a bad accident about a year later and whole she was bruised from the straps. She was otherwise fine. My car was a tercel and it was totaled.

ETA: sorry posting from phone and can figure out how to delete first sideways pic

auto-correct on the loose..

Last edited:
ADS

Baylor

macmomma said:
Cute!
I have a pic ilk that of my now 17yr old.... let me see if I can find it:)
Mine was 22 last Sunday. Goes fast doesn't it?

macmomma

here is ours.... terrifies me too looking at the date! he was 6!!! month old and was over 20lbs :( The seats only went up to 20lbs rear facing back then!

Last edited:
My now 24 year old brother had that seat outgrew it RF at 4 months and outgrew it ff around 18-20 months and so he was in a shield booster before 2. We were in a accident when he was a baby and I was about 3.5 he was in the T shield seat and I was in a shield booster our only injurie was he bit his bottom lip, looking at the seats now they are scary looking but in the mid to late 80's they were top of the line

Baylor

macmomma said:
here is ours.... terrifies me too looking at the date! he was 6!!! month old and was over 20lbs :( The seats only went up to 20lbs rear facing back then!

Such a cutie ! I know I am sure she was forward facing by 9 months. I can not remember when. I do remember putting her seat in the front so I cod watch her as I drove. No airbags but still.. Yikes.

Baylor

nevaehsmommy said:
Your daughter is to stinking cute.

Thanks. It is so hard to believe it was so long ago. I remember picking it out and maybe having a choice of 6 seats?

thepote

My oldest (now 15) had the t-shield seat too. He came home from the hospital with his chin resting on the shield and the straps and shield not touching his body. He FF at 6 months.

The good old days :rolleyes:

christineka

Here's my dd1 in 1999 coming home from the hospital in her secondhand car seat.
ecominghome.jpg

cookie123

My youngest had that FP t shield seat. She used it until she was 5 or 6. :eek: She probably didn't even fit in it! EEEK!
Actually she was very small for her age. Maybe she did fit.

MoreLatte

My oldest had that seat too. I thought it was the cream of the crop! Lol. I remember they were pricey, I think it was given to us second-hand though. She had the FP shield booster after that seat. She's 16 tomorrow. *Sniff sniff*

skylinphoto

I had an ohs seat (born in 87)..but my little brother sat in a t shield seat just like that (born in 88). He ff'd at 4 months according to my mom. And we were both out of seats by 2 yrs old....

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

disbugsmomma

My sister and my BIL (dh's brother) both rode in that seat. They were both born in 1989. I don't know if there are any pictures of either of them though.

my3girls

My oldest had one in 1990, FF at 6 months too! It was the best thing I could get my hands on for her and I remember NOT wanting an overhead shield and was so happy with it. Last month I was leaving work (WM) at 11pm and in the parking lot next to a trash can was a FP Tshield carseat!! I grabbed it and threw it in the back of my van. The DOM is 9-??-88!! I buckled the shield and then tried to grab it by the harness and it came unbuckled!! So sad to think it was probably being used just last month of a defenseless little child!!! Until I found it I had forgotten one of my favorite features, though: after you buckled the shield, the harness retracted, so at least the straps *might* be close to the child.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC