Choosing a new 2012 Mini Van

bnsnyde

We have had 3 across RF in the second row of our odyssey!

Easy! And one was an Advocate.
We bought the van when baby #4 arrived.

Now we have one RF in back, and 3 across second row (2 RF and one FF).
Note that if you have carseats that RF tether, you can do so in the Odyssey 2nd row (2011, at least) by removing the trim. Not really that hard, but not obvious.

ADS

luckyclov

Just keep in mind that actually accessing the part isn't super easy. If you can gain access to it you might have to install it yourself. I'll leave my opinion on that aspect of it out of this post. Anyway, interesting to me is when the good folks at LATCH manual were told about this part they were shocked. Not in three editions of the LATCH manual has Chrysler ever spoke about it when asked to confirm what vehicles can/cannot be retrofitted. I'm not saying it's an illegitimate part (it's real, it's for a Durango primarily, but it's real, per Chrysler Canada) I'm saying it's not necessarily as easy as calling up your local dodge dealer and simply having it installed. And there's something very odd about it's existence. I can't put words to it, but I've discussed it with other techs, and I guess what it comes down to is why is this approved part so... mysterious.
I agree...and it's not just on Canadian soil, I had the same issue and struggle here in the states. I called Chrysler, several dealerships - in AND out of state - and was always told there was no such part at all, no retrofit at all, for my vehicle ('09 Dodge Grand Caravan). I finally gave up. I may have kept the vehicle longer then a year and a half if I could have moved my DD to the 3rd row in her FR85 and move my HBB'ed (we had A LOT of HBB/seatbelt issues in the 3rd row) DS to a captain's chair, but without a tether anchor for the FR85, it wasn't something I was willing to do. She was over the LATCH weight limit and the center seatbelt (which is ELR) was incompatibility with the FR85...and the only TA was for the center position (which was either lower anchors or basically an unusable seatbelt)..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC