Does anyone have a letter to a MD?

Mama2theD

Long story short- I referred a friend to the same pediatrician office that I use for me son. After her appt she called me and said they told her to turn her 6 month old son who is not even 19lbs around and FF him. I want to sent them a letter discussing my disgust with this info ( Esp from a new MD) and also provide them info and offer to do trainings for them. I just don't know where to start.

ADS

Baylor

Letter shmetter. I would have been on the phone before the whole sentence was out of friends mouth.

auto-correct on the loose..

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'd be happy to help you draft a letter if necessary. Also, I encourage you to check out Safety Belt Safe's reproducible materials, they have some great ones for educating everyone on best practice- and why.

Mama2theD

I'm not usually a letter writting kind of person but I just want to insure that I get the information across thoroughly and in the right "tone". I honestly expect the primary MD there to contact me after he gets the letter. I am just having a hard time narrowing down what to say with out trying to kill them with too much info. My son has his 2 year appt at the end of December/begining of January and I will be bringing it up then as well. The sad thing is is that I have had discussions with at least 2 of the doctors in the practice and know that they are pretty good with their info but several of the other doctors ( which I do no see myself for other reasons) obviously are not so good with CPS info! I think this will be the incident the pushes me to switch practices should they chose not to do anything about this.
I had forgetten about the safety belt safe's handouts so those will def be a help!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC