Braking with booster kids in the car

Cilia

I was out riding with a friend who's son is in a booster yesterday. Both my girls are harnessed.

Anyway, every time the brakes were applied (to go around a corner, to slow down etc) the son complained about being thrown forward. I know DD1 complains about the same thing sometimes, but that is if I have to really slam on the brakes, not when I just go around a corner. Is this normal or could it have been due to the fact that the booster didn't fit perfectly where it was?

If it is normal, this is what will determine what kind of seat DD1 will get next year when DD2 will need a new seat.

ADS

aeormsby

Re: Breaking with booster kids in the car

I would think that could somewhat be because of the type of booster (booster fit, especially seat depth) but it could also be from the lack of foot support which could be solved by a lightweight box or something for resting the feet on. (holy run on sentence)

DD is only boostered in our truck and I don't think she has issues with that - we have the Parkway with the SG clip though, maybe that helps. I know the couple of times she's used the Harmony LBB she didn't like it as much because the seat was longer and her knees were too short to bend at the end so she tended to slouch.

Kat_Momof3

Re: Breaking with booster kids in the car

my kids have never complained of that... it could be the booster combined with the vehicle... where another booster might work better in that vehicle, or it could be the kid

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
My kids had problems when they were very new booster riders, then they sort of learned to ride with the car (it takes a lot of motor skill to sit up, ever notice that riding in the car is a bit tiring? Compare that to the head dangling pure relaxation a harnessed rider can have when they aren't using their muscles...). As they get better at booster riding, they learn faster to adapt to new cars and buckles and seats (my dh's tall, light SUV has a very different braking style than my big ol' mommy-van, I can tell by how my loose stuff flies around when I stop on the same roads :cool:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC