Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

toyota prius and three car seats???

I would like to get a Toyota Prius, but I'm wondering if its possible to fit 3 car seats in it?

I have a Britax Roundabout FF, and Britax Boulevard RF, and plans on having a third baby in the future. Should I be looking at Mini Vans and giving up on my dreams of having a Prius?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

Re: toyota prius and three car seats???

Three carseats will fit across the back of a Prius.

If I recall correctly, people have puzzle-fit two HWH Britax convertibles with a SKJP Radian. I think that is what I remember...

Carseat Crazy

I've gotten an RF Marathon, a Parkway booster, and a Turbo booster in our Prius. And I know we've had a Comfort Sport next to an MA (both FF) and still got an adult on the passenger side seat (but they were squashed a bit)... And an RF MA, FF Turbo booster in the center, and adult on the driver's side back seat.

I think someone has done one or two Radians and something else... so it's possible.

Me, I'm dreaming of a hybrid minivan.

-Sarah

Carseat Crazy

I just bought a prius. I have ds in a husky in the center. The other day I wanted to take friends with us, and almost got two evenflo ff seats in, but couldn't shut the doors! I think with the radian in the center it would work. I will look and see if the radian will go next to the husky.

By the way, we are very happy with the prius.

Yep, it's definitely possible -- I've gotten various 3 across combinations in my moms....
    TIFF ~ doula & all hours childcare provider
    SCARLA: winter '02 . . . Jr. Roller Derby level III
    BEAR: spring '11 ... Recaro Sport + Clek Oobr
    RAHNE: summer '17 ... MicoMax30 + RadianRXT
    childcare: 0-7yrs... Contender + Frontier Clicktight
    {emergencies: Scenera Next, Highback, Topside}

In an email from Russ at Sunshine Kids, he said 3 radians across wouldn't fit in a Prius because of the way the roof slopes. Just FYI.