Reccomending a scenera?

mominabigtruck

If you don't already know, I'm not a huge fan of the scenera. But I know someone who is needing a converible for a 30lb 8mo and she's looking at the 40lb rfing scenera. She's all about rfing and normally I would just go with it but the problem is that the seat is in multiple cars everyday. I have a really, really hard time with this because I know the chances of it being installed correctly are slim to none.

Wwyd? I already gave her a list of 40lb rfing seats but she was all about the $50 scenera at target. Do I show her how my avenue installs so she can get an idea of how it will work? She is a first time single mom and is currently using my old kf30.
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

mominabigtruck

I think the scenera installs easily as long as you have a pool noodle or towel.

I know it's not that horrible but we're talking about mom, dad, grandparents on both sides and generally anyone who will babysit installing the seat. I was there one day when gma was picking her up from another friend and installing in a 2dr convertible and neither one of them could figure it out and gma out the kf in ffing and tried to wrap the seat belt around it before I got out there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Evolily

Honestly, in that sitution, with any car seat without education you are looking at misuse. The best thing you can do is encourage mom and whomever else uses the seat to go to a good tech who will teach them how to use it properly.

I've never installed a scenera (I know, I should be like kicked off the island), but I use to install a cosco HB booster all the time, and it was a breeze to install. I'd imagine I'd find the scenera similiar in the vehicle I used it in.

OTOH, the nautilus is a nightmare to install in the same vehicle.

krasota

The Scenera is a nightmare to install RF in both of my cars and has been a nightmare in some rentals, but it's not hard at all in my friends' cars. Experience helps. I think encouraging her to talk to a tech would be wise--it's good, anyhow.

If her daughter is already that big, is the mother open to keeping her kiddo in the Scenera while saving up for a seat (over the next year, perhaps) which will help her RF longer?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC