britax marathon 70 Q

cupcakepirate11

So I had my sons seat out of the car,
Out of curiosity I wanted to see how much room he had left heightwise. I measured roughly 6" so he would have 5" left before outgrowing it? He just turned 17 months old and weighs around 28 pounds sooo how much longer do you think he has in this seat? Any guesses?

Also when you are installing the seat do you pull the cover up from the bottom or pull the seat part back? I used to pull the cover up from the bottom to access the lock offs till I watched the video on youtube.

ADS

luckyclov

My DS2 is almost 22 months old, close to 34", and 27 lbs. He still has a few inches of shell left over his head. I'm fairly certain he'll make it to, at least, 3 in it RFing.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Five inches of torso growth is about 10"-15" overall height growth. If he's been consistent on his growth chart, add 10"-15" and find where those numbers are on his curve. That'll give you a good idea of how long. Very likely, though, two to three years rear facing.

I open the seat from the middle, the way it's designed to be opened. It hadn't occurred to me to pull it from the front. But I think I read the instructions or watched the videos before I ever installed one.

Wendy

cupcakepirate11

yay thank you guys!!

I looked over the manual to see how i should install it but never noticed how to take the cover off! so much easier when you pull the seat of the cover forward instead of pulling the cover up from the bottom.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC