My morning find

Baylor

Found these this morning on side of road. Trash day. Picked them up so no one else will. There are no cs recycling places near me. Any local tech that may want them are welcome to them, if not I will have dh destroy. Not as coolly as Judi destroys but who could?

Does that base detach on the century seat? It says do not use after 2004 so I assume it is from 1998? I did not get a good look yet. I can only hope it has just been stored for last 6 years?

auto-correct on the loose..

Last edited:
ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
You could just cut the straps, remove the covers, and write "Dangerous and expired, do not use" all over the seats and then put the seats in trash bags and the covers in a separate one. Then stick them in the can. No one will know they're in there. :)

Baylor

Kac said:
You could just cut the straps, remove the covers, and write "Dangerous and expired, do not use" all over the seats and then put the seats in trash bags and the covers in a separate one. Then stick them in the can. No one will know they're in there. :)

Yeah but that is no fun....., :) maybe we can at least run them over or make lawn art out of them. I am going to call the township to see if they recycle them. I would like to keep them out of a landfill.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
You rock! Let me know if they do,because it'll be good to know. :)

Baylor

I am going to go out and strip them and just see what they look like under neath those covers...Gloves anyone?

Keeanh

No, the base doesn't come off the Century. It should have a pull handle for the recline mechanism just under the adjuster strap. That would be one of the first with a regular chest clip. I had 2 of those seats from 1998. One was the last of the Ovation run and had a paperclip-style clip, the other was the beginning of the Bravo (same seat basically, changed the name) and had the newer clip like in your pic.

The Ovation was a "chair" in the playroom for several years before I finally parted with it. Selinajean traded it in for me at BRU and picked up my TF :D.

Baylor

Keeanh said:
No, the base doesn't come off the Century. It should have a pull handle for the recline mechanism just under the adjuster strap. That would be one of the first with a regular chest clip. I had 2 of those seats from 1998. One was the last of the Ovation run and had a paperclip-style clip, the other was the beginning of the Bravo (same seat basically, changed the name) and had the newer clip like in your pic.

The Ovation was a "chair" in the playroom for several years before I finally parted with it. Selinajean traded it in for me at BRU and picked up my TF :D.

It is really light. I am used to carting the GN's. I guess I could save them til the next BRU trade in too

cupcakepirate11

Keeanh said:

Aaahaha I first read ovation as ovulation and thought too myself well that's a pretty clever name for a car seat

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC