Torso height

natysr

Have any of you measured your own torso height? I was checking Jordan's today and he then wanted to measure mine.

My torso height is 21 1/2 inches....I guess I could almost fit in a regent :D

I'm 4' 10".

Last edited:
ADS

BudgieStew

Just because the measuring tape was right in front of me you spurred me to check mine which is 22 inches.

eta I am 4 11

Last edited:

Morganthe

Just under 23" and I'm 5'8, if that means anything :shrug-shoulders:

I keep a heavy duty Stanley measuring tape at my desk because the house keeps eating them :p

Last edited:

oxeye

24.5 - 25" (hard to tell exactly when I'm measuring myself, LOL)

5'6" tall. I've always known I have a long torso because pants rarely fit me right (rise is always too short).

cdncasper

Ok since I am not the only weirdo with a tape measure on the computer desk.

I am 5'10" and my torso is about 25 1/2"

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
24.5 - 25" (hard to tell exactly when I'm measuring myself, LOL)

5'6" tall. I've always known I have a long torso because pants rarely fit me right (rise is always too short).

Me, too. Same height and torso measurement, and same difficulty with pants. Low-rise styles are totally out of the question for me, lol.

LuvBug

if you sit against a wall and mark your shoulder, then measure up it is easiest ;) lol!
Ive measured myself a few times before :eek:
I have a 26" sitting height(torso) and am 5'10. Ive too have always known Ive had a long torso because regular rise pants were already low rise for me, and shirts are always too short!!

DS has a long torso as well, definitely gets that from me.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I'm 5'3" and my torso is 21.5" i have a short torso as well... all legs like my abigail!~ Allie must be more like her dad! he's just tall all over at 6'3"

oxeye

Me, too. Same height and torso measurement, and same difficulty with pants. Low-rise styles are totally out of the question for me, lol.

LOL for kicks you should try some Gap Body ultra low rise panties some time. They don't even go up high enough to cover my whole butt. :eek: LOL

LuvBug

LOL for kicks you should try some Gap Body ultra low rise panties some time. They don't even go up high enough to cover my whole butt. :eek: LOL

:p glad to see Im not alone! Those darn ultra low rise pants! even the low rise dont come up to cover my actual butt :rolleyes:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
:ROTFLMAO: I also had fun finding maternity pants that would fit me due to the low rise trend, talk about a trend gone way too far with disastrously proportioned clothing for a long torso. :p A friend of mine indelicately calls low rise styles "miracle a$$" pants because it's a miracle if they actually cover it, lol. :)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I have measuring issues... I am getting 24" or 24.75". I am 5'9".

That seems wrong, though, because I thought I had a long inseam. Pants never fit me correctly beause they are too short (unless I buy "longs."). I need to remeasure...

Morganthe

I have measuring issues... I am getting 24" or 24.75". I am 5'9".

That seems wrong, though, because I thought I had a long inseam. Pants never fit me correctly beause they are too short (unless I buy "longs."). I need to remeasure...

Sounds about right for someone around our heights. Unless you get 'Talls', inseams are traditionally about 30-31" in women's pants no matter the overall size.
I fit a 34" inseam in Talls, but if they're perfectly proportioned, the waist band is right under my bra strap! :0 Told you I'm short waisted ;) It seems though that 'average' pants are getting longer. Lane Bryant Regulars have inseams as long as their Talls 4 years ago. Talls are now HUGE on me.

I HATE buying swimsuits because the bra area is set so low that there's no support and the waist is right there and nothing fits right. I ended up buying the bikini to wear it under the matching 1 piece. :whistle: But the likilihood of wearing them is almost nil anyway. But it's a good just-in-case thing :)

Mama2J

Measured my torso this morning and it is 24. That seems strange to me since I am only 5 feet tall! I guess Justin has a long torso too, since he outgrew his 40 pound carseat by height at 35 pounds, and he is not tall.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC