Graco My Ride W/ Safety Surround Side Impact Protection

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh cool, I thought there must be something coming, since the old Chadwicks and Sonatas are almost gone...

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I like the Capri cover. I didn't read the description, so what's the difference? I can see it at the top, but what's under there? LOL

StillThankful

I like the Capri cover. I didn't read the description, so what's the difference? I can see it at the top, but what's under there? LOL

Hi Kac:)

This My Ride 65 Safety Surround has integrated optimum side impact protection, which passes the Euro Side Impact Protection Standards. Currently, the US doesn't have side impact protection standards.:rolleyes:

StillThankful

Ah okay. Thanks :)

(I love your new username)

Thank you:) Here is another description written by Heather in the blog:

The My Ride 65 featuring Safety Surround Side Impact Protection is a My Ride with their new Safety Surround Side Impact Protection in the head restraint in the seat. It attaches through the harness slots when the child is short and as the child is taller, the Safety Surround is built into the sides. It’s basically the My Ride weight limits EXCEPT that it starts at 4 lbs! So 4-40 lbs rf, 20-65 lbs ff. The Safety Surround Side Impact Protection is tested to Euro side impact standards and isdue out at Babies R Us in November of this year. Price point is $179.

Kac

Wow, that sounds great! :) *I do not need another seat. I do not need another seat*

Syllieann

Seat sounds like they did some nice updates. Nice to have a si standard. :sick: to those covers though, hope they have other choices in the works.

Kac

Seat sounds like they did some nice updates. Nice to have a si standard. :sick: to those covers though, hope they have other choices in the works.

They're prints, which is exciting! I like the old Chadwick better. I don't like all the tan with the gray.

(1,000th post!!!)

StillThankful

*I do not need another seat. I do not need another seat*

I think that I've come to the realization that I'll probably get a different carseat every year due to enhanced safety features or a killer sale. :eek::p Do I justify it? No. But it's less expensive to get another carseat than another car.:p
  • 2006--1st carseat purchase ever--Evenflo Titan (no EPS or EPP foam)
  • 2007--discovered this board and fell in love with Britax--purchased an MA from Target and a BLVD online for DD1.
  • 2009--Graco snugride 22 for DD2 & learned of these new higher weight Rfing seats--Graco My Ride 40# and RNXTSL 45#--got those in order to re-rearface DD1:)
  • 2010--Killer sale on EFTA 50--purchased one for $35.99--DH :love: it.
  • 2011-- Purchased a NIB EFTA 65 off CL since DH likes it so much. DD now FF in both EFTAs.
  • 2012-- God willing, I'll be getting the Evenflo Securekid 400 for DD1 (since it has Aussie SI).

*BTW, all the extra carseats were sold on CL to fund the new seats.

Congrats on the 1,000 post Kac :)

Dmcj13

There is a red and black one on Amazon as well. :love:this print
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Ride-Convertible-Seat-Nico/dp/B005WHQL54/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1320162462&sr=8-10"]Amazon.com: Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat, Nico: Baby[/ame]

Syllieann

Ooh, the red and black one is much better. I think I just have issues with tan and gray together. It just doesn't seem right.

nmb

So -- what's in it?
Is it a 'normal' head cushion, or does it have EPS foam or something inside?
And what about the pillows at the top of the seat -- what are they made of?

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
Is it part of the cover or the seat? Has anyone seen it IRL? I'm just wondering if those of use with the original seats can just order a new cover with the SIP...

StillThankful

Tomorrow I'm going to call BRU to see if their in. If so, I'm going to go up there and explore:) I'll be able to take pics of it and take the cover off to see if the cover has the SIP or is it integrated in the actual shell.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC