Couldn't believe it

cdncasper

I went to a babyshower today for my friend Jen who had her baby girl on June 21st--in a Graco snugride. But I saw another kind of carseat there today that I didn't even know what it was, I knew it was old because it had 2 handles but I had to come home to find out what it was. Looking at the pictorials it seems like it is the Evenflo-Gerry Guard with Glide made 1991-1998. :eek: :eek: :eek: Even if it is the newest one made it is still 9 yrs old, I so want to go find that lady and steal her carseat. I can only hope since the child looked to be about 1 yr old--he was walking--that they stop using it soon and get him in something way better.

ADS

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
:eek: I've never even seen one of those seats IRL. I can't believe you actually saw one being used that had 2 handles. Crazy! I had my baby shower when DS was 4 weeks old and there was another baby there that was 6 weeks old that belonged to an acquaintance of mine (I actually don't know her very well so it's weird that she was there). When I arrived with my DS all buckled in tightly in his Snugride everyone ooh'ed and aah'ed over the nice car seat and the older ladies talked about how much baby equipment has improved over the years and they were asking if I really had to have the straps that tight (so I explained it all to them). Imagine my shock when the 6 week old's mom got ready to leave, laid a big poofy blanket in her 3 pt Arriva and laid the baby on top of the blanket, didn't buckle him in, put more blankets on top of him and carried him out the door. She didn't even buckle it! The straps were dangling out the top of the seat. It was 5 yrs ago and it still freaks me out just thinking about it!

lovinwaves

A great way to approach her would be to say....
I noticed your carseat the other night at the baby shower. I don't know if you knew this, but that carseat has expired. I would LOVE to have it as a demo for an upcoming Child Passenger safety course. We love to take expired seats, and use them to teach with.

cdncasper

I would totally do that except I have never meet this person before and probably never will again. She is a friend of my friend so don't know how I would go about talking to Jen about it.

I have been in somewhat similar situations a few times before (usually regarding labor/birth/breastfeeding topics :whistle: ), and what I've done is call the hostess or person I know can get in contact with the person in question. Many people aren't comfortable giving out phone #'s or email addresses for their friends without permission, so I'll usually ask if they'll call/email the person and give them *my* contact info so they can give me a call sometime. Sometimes they didn't contact me, but usually they did. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC