Help me pick a new seat.

ericarizo

I need to get a new seat for my DS. He is 21mo's, about 25lbs, 32.5in, and has a 11.5in torso. I am having a hard time deciding between the BLVD70 and the TFP??? Which would you get and why??

ADS

Dorothy

I vote TFP. :) Out of the seats I've owned or played with, its my most favorite. If you have the room and the 35# rfing limit doesn't bother you, I like that its roomier and lower-profile than the MA70. I think it easier to get bigger kiddos in and out of. My only wish is that the crotch strap were a bit longer, because it seems like its in an awkward spot now that DD is using it ffing.

djma

DD is a tad older and a little bit lighter so judging by her I would get the TFP. My number 1 reason would be legroom. :p

Reactions: Kac

msg221

I've had both and still have the TFP and I do like that it has more leg room. I liked the MA70 for the ease of installation, the super smooth harness adjuster and how much room you have front to back.

I would say if you do get the MA70, keep an eye out for the screws in the side; I had the screw pop out on mine and had to get the seat replaced by Britax and there have been others here who have had the same problem. But really, I like both seats and don't think you can go wrong with either one. Now if they would up the weight limit to 40 lbs. on the TF, that would probably make me like it better! Zain is almost 3.5 and would still fit RF by height, but right now he has pretty much outgrown it by weight as has Katelyn, and she's only 27 months.

ETA: Oops, I see now that you said BLVD 70. Well, it's really very similar to the MA 70 anyway!

Last edited:

gsdguenter

Having owned my TF now for not even a week, and previously had MAs and RAs and even two BLVDs (all old style) I would totally go for the TFP over the BLVD70. Unless of course the 35 lbs. weight limit is an issue.

bnsnyde

BLVD 70 b/c I have it (sort of) and love it in the Advocate version.
36 inches, 31 lbs. Torso I think 13. It's in my picture. He was 2 in end of July.

For all our seats legroom is never as issue b/c the kids cross, put feet up, etc. Whatever they want.

So easy to install and use, and I liked the head protection design a lot.

But I'm sure the TFP is a good option, too, for your situation.

Briteliteus

I have both seats. My favorite is the TFP. It is so easy to get my daughter in and out of the TF. The blvd get's almost no love. Sometimes I am tempted to just sell it and get another TF. I do love the blvd, but I'm hoping it will work better for us forward facing. (not for at least another year and a half though) HTH.

jjordan

Personally, I prefer the BV70. But you really can't go wrong with either; it just comes down to which you like better! Have you had a chance to play with both? I bet that once you do, one or the other will emerge as your clear favorite. :)

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I love my MA70, but I also love the TF(P). I think youll be happy with either one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC