cleaned out the garage

vangelder03

i was cleaning out the garage today and we put some stuff on the front yard for free just random stuff we also pulled out the extra infant seat we had
never intending to give it away well someone pulled up and asked about the seat i was about to tell her we still needed it when my mom hit me and pointed in there car they had a tiny baby sitting in a bouncy seat buckled in the back seat of the car so no more chicco keyfit i so wanted to keep a seat til it expired got real close this time only 18 months left til it would expire
i was so close fixed the harness height had them read the manual and install it they did a good job took about 30 minutes and before they left my mom gave them our emergency booster from her car for the 5 yr old my mom did all this she so rocks my moms only comment was 1 down millions more to go

ADS

koda&phiasmama

OMG!! I thought seeing people with forward facing infant seats was bad ! thats crazy, Its a shame i was so blind to how people misuse carseats or dont use them at all! So glad they happen to be in the right place at the right time certainly seems like a higher power was looking over that baby...do you think they didnt have a seat due to financial issues or just lack of knowledge?

CTRS4peds

I wonder how they got home from the hospital.

Glad you were able to help them out! Sounds like right place right time !

mominabigtruck

I had some people come and get some free stuff off of cl yesterday morning. Pulled up in and extended cab f-150. I saw a little girl in the back and went around to move my van and saw her face and she was a baby. So I casually ask the mom how old she was, she said 2.5yo. I said, oh, I thought she was older when I saw she wasn't in a carseat. She said that it was too much of a hassel to move her booster seat and she fits just fine with a pillow and the lap belt.

I didn't say anything:( As mean as it sounds, I'm to the point where I figure you canz't fix stupid and it's pretty much survival of the fittest anymore. I do feel bad for the kids, but I think if something does happen I won't feel sorry for the parents.
Posted via Mobile Device

vangelder03

OMG!! I thought seeing people with forward facing infant seats was bad ! thats crazy, Its a shame i was so blind to how people misuse carseats or dont use them at all! So glad they happen to be in the right place at the right time certainly seems like a higher power was looking over that baby...do you think they didnt have a seat due to financial issues or just lack of knowledge?

i would say money they loved the fact they got a seat for both kids
and when they came back for the pack and play and the toddler bed
both kids were in their car seats they also took all of our toys and outgrown clothes

Kat_Momof3

it definitely sounds like they were just really strapped for money and doing the best they could... so glad that they found you and now have their kids safer...

if you see them again, I hope you can advise them where to go when the baby needs a convertible seat... where she can get a free seat.

hrice

Wow! Heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. You did a great thing!

Heather, CPST and Momma to Dustin 11/01, Colton 6/08 and Peyton 6/09

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC