BRU employee says Britax recalling Regents?

ADS

scatterbunny

That's exactly what I was thinking. Which makes me even more worried about my Husky. I know they changed the top tether placement slightly on the Regent, but I can't help but still be worried about my Husky, using long belt path for a 51# child when they don't allow it on new Regents. :(

natysr

I was at BRU on July 4 and they did have a Regent there. It was the first time I got to play with one....

LuvBug

my sister's BRU still hasnt even got the regent yet lol! She checks every time she is in there(and was there last week) because DNi will be needing one in the next few months.

Didnt BRU say they recalled the FPSV/D and that is why they werent there anymore too? I dont know how much I would listen to BRU lol!

But if britax recalls the seats it will make more sense as to the manual change... but you think the first thing they would do is update their site when they updated the manual, eh??

natysr

I did a google search and found this, but it is all the way from March:

http://www.babycenter.com/plus/recall/recall.jhtml?reportNumber=1106

RECALL: Regent car seats: 3/9/07

Category: Car Seats

Manufacturer: Britax

Model Name: Regent car seats

Model Number(s):

Recall Date: 2007-03-09

Product Description: This notice applies only to the Britax Regent car seats model number E9L3998 with fabric designation Classic, made between December 18, 2006 and January 18, 2007. The performance of the car seat is not affected by this notice.

Problem Description: Some Regent car seats were made with the wrong warning label attached to the seat cover. The correct label provides information and precautions to help parents use the car seat properly.

What to do: The performance of the car seat is not affected by the incorrect warning label, and parents should continue to use their car seat. Parents who purchased one of the affected car seats and registered it with the company will automatically receive a replacement cover from the company. If you own a Regent car seat but did not register it, go to http://www.britaxusa.net/support/documents/ConsumerInpectionSheetREGENTCOVERREPLACEMENTMARCH2007.pdf for an inspection sheet that will help you determine if your car seat has the incorrect label. If your car seat cover has the wrong label, Britax will replace the cover free of charge. Consumers may contact Britax at (888) 427-4829 or e-mail the company at regentcoverreplacement@britaxusa.com.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
That's exactly what I was thinking. Which makes me even more worried about my Husky. I know they changed the top tether placement slightly on the Regent, but I can't help but still be worried about my Husky, using long belt path for a 51# child when they don't allow it on new Regents. :(

Jenny,

But, Think the Husky has been out for a LONG time and look at how many kids have been in them. If their was a serious issue don't you think there would have been a recall a long time ago. I mean the manual on installation hasn't changed all that much until now. I honestly think the new manual will do a lot of disservice to families.

I too am awaiting a call back from Britax on the new manual. I have a friend that has a new Regent but can't do the LBP in either of their vehicle and their child isn't over 40lbs.

I don't know about the recall but it will be interesting to hear if this is the case. I should call my contact at USA Baby to find out if this recall is really true. I may just swing by there tomorrow to find out as I need to drop off some business cards anyways.

scatterbunny

I hope the BRU person didn't know what they were talking about; if it IS a recall then that would mean the pre-6/18 Regents would need updated instructions, requiring the recline bar, and requiring short belt path for heavier kids. OR it could mean they are all being recalled (the new ones) because the manual is messed up! :p

LuvBug

But, Think the Husky has been out for a LONG time and look at how many kids have been in them. If their was a serious issue don't you think there would have been a recall a long time ago. I mean the manual on installation hasn't changed all that much until now. I honestly think the new manual will do a lot of disservice to families.

ITA I said this in a different thread. This seat has been out a LONG time under one name or another... you would think that if the LBP after 40lbs was unsafe that would have figured that out in the past 6+ years!!

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
There will be a "consumer advisory" issued on Monday. In the past that hasn't been a recall, IIRC. They seem to be doing things backwards.

I don't know anything more than that, sorry. :(

cpsaddict

I work on Sunday again, so I will check what is going on. It was still there on Tuesday, though. We only had about three in stock, but they were definately still there.

NHCPSTECH

Senior Community Member
All stores should have pulled the Regent on 7/5 due to an internal notice stating that Britax will be issuing a recall shortly. I can't remember the exact wording of the memo, but it said there will be retrofit kits made available ....and something about making it safer. My thought is perhaps it's a new manual and a new label regarding weights and belt paths???

The Regents have NOT been sent back to the DCs, they all are sitting in the back rooms waiting further instruction from corporate. My guess is that we will get the retrofit kits in, store stock will be fixed and they'll all end up back on the floor. Sometimes it takes a while though....

R.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Thanks for the insight. I really don't want to give up a LBP install for my 45+ lb. 5 year old, :( it's so solid in either of our vehicles compared to other methods, and I'm anxiously awaiting any further clarification from Britax after this weekend.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Wow.

My mom was ready to go buy two Regents yesterday (which my niece will need in about 4-6 months). I convinced her to wait, so that she can hopefully get the best DOM at the time my niece really needs the seats. Now I am REALLY glad I convinced her to wait. I want to know what the heck is going on!!

Cindy&Connor

I was really hoping the new manual was a mistake but it's looking like it wasn't. I didn't try the sbp or LATCH in my car because I got such a solid install with the lbp. Since I do have the recline bar in I guess I can leave it that way until 40 lbs. It's a good thing since it's 100 degrees outside and I'd have to uninstall the other 2 seats to fix the Regent.

Just a thought but what about the cover? It has instructions on it that will be wrong now. How will that be fixed or will it?

supercrunch

good point

The cover does have those instructions on it, I hadn't thought about that.

They are going to be slapping themselves upside the head if they have to issue yet another cover recall in such a short time period. (especially since it would include every Husky/Regent cover out there)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC