Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Jet blue and Boulevard 65

Hi all,
    I had a question about air travel with my little guy. He just turned 2 in september he's 31# and 34 inches. We'll be flying jet blue in "extra room seats" in about 3 weeks. Does anyone have any tips for traveling and/or installing on the plane? I've never traveled by air before with him.
    Thanks for any helpful info!
    Katrina

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Jet blue and Boulevard 65

Are you installing rear or forward facing? When we flew, ours was FF and it was easy to get in, not as easy to get out. We ended up taking off that black piece (not sure what its called... it goes over the harness behind the seat.) on the back because the belt got stuck. I popped it right back on when we put it in the car. Hopefully others have more tips for you!
    DD 9.06
    DD 2.12
    #3 EDD 5/27

I'm not sure which way to put him. I'm very apprehensive about making the flight experience as seamless as possible. And I'm just not sure what would be best.

You can only have his seat rear facing in the window seat. I would rearface him if you have that window seat. It is really easy to thread the seat belt through and pull it tight.

They usually let families board earlyish, so I would buckle my son into a regular plane seat while I quickly install his car seat.
    Wyatt Henry, 5.25.2010

Bump.

Senior Community Member krasota's Avatar

I can't remember--are the extra room seats bulkhead? If so, the armrests probably don't lift up.
    Ronan (04/07) five steps!
    Aenea (03/12) FF RXT

I don't think so. The "bulk head" means no seats in front of you right?

If you can do it RF I would, It was soooo much easier!
    DD 9.06
    DD 2.12
    #3 EDD 5/27

CPS Technician

I've flown with our old-style blvd RFing in regular seats before (on southwest flights). You'll need a seatbelt extender, and the install is not awesome, but it should fit. Getting on the plane is the hardest; because of the width of the seat you have to hoist it over the seats as you board.

It depends on what flight you are on, Jetblue's seats from all of their planes I have been on (i usually only fly JetBlue) are usually all the same and the only difference is the legroom you get. I've installed Wyatt's seat on their puddle jumper tiny planes and regular planes. It depends on the plane that you are flying on as to whether or not the arm rests will go up out of the way.
    I did not find i needed a seat belt extender but i have a marathon 70.

once again it depends on what seats you have on the airplane, window seat is RF or FF, middle and aisle are FF only.
    Wyatt Henry, 5.25.2010