Jet blue and Boulevard 65

K.Nortz

Hi all,
I had a question about air travel with my little guy. He just turned 2 in september he's 31# and 34 inches. We'll be flying jet blue in "extra room seats" in about 3 weeks. Does anyone have any tips for traveling and/or installing on the plane? I've never traveled by air before with him.
Thanks for any helpful info!
Katrina

ADS

jsmom

Are you installing rear or forward facing? When we flew, ours was FF and it was easy to get in, not as easy to get out. We ended up taking off that black piece (not sure what its called... it goes over the harness behind the seat.) on the back because the belt got stuck. I popped it right back on when we put it in the car. Hopefully others have more tips for you!

K.Nortz

I'm not sure which way to put him. I'm very apprehensive about making the flight experience as seamless as possible. And I'm just not sure what would be best.

cupcakepirate11

You can only have his seat rear facing in the window seat. I would rearface him if you have that window seat. It is really easy to thread the seat belt through and pull it tight.

They usually let families board earlyish, so I would buckle my son into a regular plane seat while I quickly install his car seat.

mrosehughes

I've flown with our old-style blvd RFing in regular seats before (on southwest flights). You'll need a seatbelt extender, and the install is not awesome, but it should fit. Getting on the plane is the hardest; because of the width of the seat you have to hoist it over the seats as you board.

cupcakepirate11

It depends on what flight you are on, Jetblue's seats from all of their planes I have been on (i usually only fly JetBlue) are usually all the same and the only difference is the legroom you get. I've installed Wyatt's seat on their puddle jumper tiny planes and regular planes. It depends on the plane that you are flying on as to whether or not the arm rests will go up out of the way.
I did not find i needed a seat belt extender but i have a marathon 70.

once again it depends on what seats you have on the airplane, window seat is RF or FF, middle and aisle are FF only.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC