stb 4 year old basically outgrew the xtsl!

Polola0628

I'm glad I got a Frontier when I had the money! I just got an XTSL in a trade and DD, 3y10m, has gained weight and is now 45lbs. She is a smidge over top slots, so I wouldn't be comfortable forward facing her (despite SK/Diono allowing it- I am just not comfortable with it).

So on to DD2 it goes. She was having issues being rear-facing so we put her in a Nauti temporarily while we sold off and traded her marathons. We'll try RFing round 2 in the XTSL. I hope hope hope she tolerates it!

ADS

tam_shops

Nice to know there are other 3yo taller than my almost 6yo! LOL He still fits RF in our RN! Good thing you know your seats or off to booster land she'd go...

tam

nmb

Wow!! Has she grown taller than in your siggy too? My ds is 39" and is not even close to the top slots!!

My DS was about that size when he outgrew his Radian by going over the top slots too. He was 41" and 41 lbs when he turned 4 in November; he'd gone over the top slots of the Radian in August. So probably 40 - 41" overall height. Super long torso, short legs.

skylinphoto

My 5 year old (though tiny) 41-42 in tall ds has about a 1/2 inch of room until he's even with the top slots.

Gotta see pics of such a little one that's so tall!!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

Polola0628

I'll see if I can get pics tomorrow before I put it in the car for DD2. The thing is she's not a giant or anything haha! Just all torso. I should probably measure her height too. My 22 month old is just over the third slots,b and she has been a lot smaller than my oldest. My 3yo was 36" at 15 months =O

doesn't KQ have a kiddo with a monster torso too? When did she outgrow it? Just curious, lol.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
My 4.5yr (actually 4yrs and 3.5mo in pic) old is pretty much even with the top slots, but he was so miserable just sitting in it for pics, that I considered it outgrown as well. He is all of 42" and 40lbs. I have no clue how on earth they expect an 80lbs kid to fit in it.

julia94115

ZOINKS! My giraffe girl- just turned 4 two weeks ago is 45 inches tall and about a 16 inch torso has a little less than an inch left before she is even with the top slots. And she's in the 99.7% for height! (She's FINALLY "on the charts" after being over 100% in height her entire life!)

mamajava

Senior Community Member
Miley just turned 3 in July and she is even with the top slots of the radian. I had to splurge and cut back on other costs to get the the frontier85 because she is so tall. She is about a 1/2 head shorter than my 6, almost 7 year old.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC