Elijah's story (Salmonella)

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Wow.

I knew that reptiles an carry salmonella, but I didn't realize that salmonella could do what it did to Elijah.

I have a pet lizard. I suppose I should be VERY careful!!!!!!

broken4u05

Ok I cried because that is just like my jake. I loved him. Jake was born different and at 2 could also not hold up his head or talk. The blue chair he was in was the same as jake's and the stander. So i cried. very very sad. Poor family. I am going to go to the link they said because i have always had snakes and everything and i have never heard of this before.

doriansmummy

Gosh we were thinking of getting our son a reptile..
I had NO idea this could happen!
That lil guy and family are in my thoughts..:(

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
OMG that is so sad and scary. X used to have a lizard and then had a frog that died just a couple days ago. My DH was all prepared to go out and buy him another frog, but now I'm very scared of it. I always knew about the risk of salmonella, but I didn't think it was that major of a risk, yn? I also thought that reptiles sold at pet stores had to have been tested and been salmonella free before they were sold. Guess I was wrong! What a sad story.

Jordynsmama

What a beautiful little boy. How unfortunate. I hope the big sis never feels guilty b/c it was her lizard ya know? How frustrating and how sad.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Wow, just wow! What a sad and awful story. I also had no idea reptiles could do that - I didn't even know they carried salmonella.

I can't imagine watching your baby grow up and them never being able to communicate with you - especially after having delivered and brought home a 100% healthy baby. :crying:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Poor little guy. :( I had no idea salmonella could be so detrimental.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC