Buckle Guard and Belt Positioner

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Edit: This post is mostly about seatbelts, not pants!

While searching Amazon for a belt to hold up my daughter's pants, I stumbled upon two seatbelt products I hadn't seen before. (I searched here, too, to see if they had been discussed before, but didn't see anything.)

Anyway, what sets these two apart is that neither one gave me the typical, "OMG! Horrendous!" reaction I normally have to add-on products. In fact, they're possibly promising.

First is a rigid buckle guard to keep kids from unbuckling a seat belt, either accidentally or intentionally. It looks like it wouldn't interfere with anything. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0041EDZBW/ref=aw_cr_d_baby-products?qid=1319849768&sr=1-19"]Seat Belt Buckle Guard:Amazon:Baby[/ame]

Second is a seatbelt positioner for pregnant ladies. Sort of reminds me of the Britax SG clip, but on the sides. I probably wouldn't use that one without more info, but at least it's not positioning the belt OVER the belly! [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004ZH2UE8/ref=aw_d_detail?pd=1&qid=1319849768&sr=1-12"]Dreambaby Bump Belt, Gray:Amazon:Baby[/ame]

I'm posting from my phone, so hopefully the links work. Sorry if they're wonky.

Last edited:
ADS

seamonkeys

You need Dapper Snappers for DD. They now even have an option to buy some clips so that you can use them even if their pants don't have belt loops. I love these things! I might even need to use them on some of DS1's jeans this winter! I got some slim Levi's and didn't realize they don't have the adjustable waist, so they're too big. :rolleyes:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
seamonkeys said:
You need Dapper Snappers for DD. They now even have an option to buy some clips so that you can use them even if their pants don't have belt loops. I love these things! I might even need to use them on some of DS1's jeans this winter! I got some slim Levi's and didn't realize they don't have the adjustable waist, so they're too big. :rolleyes:

LOL, I saw those, and considered them. Now that I know they have your stamp of approval, I'll probably get them. But now you need to comment on the things I posted or else my thread will get moved out of Car Seat Chat. :p

ETA: Now that I look at my OP, I can totally see how if you skimmed it, it would look like the whole thing was about belts for pants. I only mentioned that to explain how I found these things (typed "belt" into the search in Amazon's baby store). Really it's about seatbelts, though. I edited my OP to make that a little more clear. :eek:

seamonkeys

:p I did look at the seatbelt items, just didn't really have any comments on them. They both do look acceptable. Though not sure why people would need the bump belt. For me it was easy enough to keep the belt below my huge belly. :eek:
And though I don't think I'd ever need to buckle guard, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would need it.

dneul

I used a mitten clip for my dd when she had pant that were too large around the waist. just clip onto belt loop and it has it's own elastic. Bonus for girl colors available now too for skirts. They cost around $2 a pair at walmart in the children's section with the hats and mittens.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Though not sure why people would need the bump belt. For me it was easy enough to keep the belt below my huge belly. :eek:

I think it must be just how you're shaped. I would never 5-step in a million years, pregnant or not. Lap belts always ride up high on my belly, even when I'm pregnant. It drives me nuts and makes me really nervous. I'm really really interested in that thing. I wonder how well it works.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC