Our close call...

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
We were almost in a serious wreck this morning. And the worst part is, it would have been my fault. :( Fortunately, I saw the vehicle at the last second (and they apparently saw me) because we were able to avoid a high speed T-bone collision. :eek:

We were on our way to daycare, just 2 miles from our home...when I had to cross a 4 lane highway. One I cross every day. I had crossed the first two lanes and was in the center when I looked to the right and didn't see anyone. I began to accelerate across the remaining two lanes when I saw head lights out of the corner of my eye. I swerved to the left and hit my brakes while the other driver swerved to the shoulder to avoid hitting us. He/she was in my blind spot (the side road comes in at an angle to the highway).

I was so shook up. I wanted to puke. I was never so afraid for my kids...I can't believe it *almost happened to us*. I thank goodness that my kids were properly restrained...but it doesn't help knowing what could of happened. I just lost 2 friends in a car accident two weeks ago. So it's even more emotional for me.

I am so thankful that the other driver was on top of it...and that I spotted him/her at the last second. I truly feel like I had a guardian angel sitting next to me at the moment. My friend, may she rest in peace, may have saved our lives...and that of the other driver. I have actually looked for the other vehicle on my drive to/from work and would love to find them and apologize. I can only imagine the fear they felt when they saw my big ole Suburban coming into their lane with them heading right for us.

When people say accidents can happen to anyone at anytime, and usually close to home....they aren't kidding.

Last edited:
ADS

VoodooChile

How scary! I'm glad you both reacted so quickly, with no harm done. I know what you mean, about wishing you could apologize to the other driver though--I bet we've all felt that at least once.

Mags462

Wow - i am so glad you all are safe!! I would be totally freaked out..... hope your nerves have calmed down and even if, heaven forbid, you ever do get in a crash your car seat knowledge will keep your kids as safe as they can be. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC