Infant seats... small babies... 2011 Explorer

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
What infant seats would you recommend in this situation?

• Twins
  • Parents want to be able to use a stroller with both carseats
  • Babies likely to be on the smaller side
  • 2011 Ford Explorer

Mom-to-be will go try out seats to see what fits her vehicle best, but do you have advice about in which direction I should guide her? Certain seats to try first?

Thanks!

ADS

cso1997

The Keyfit works in both outboard positions in the second row. I believe that pretty much anything would work. If the driver or passenger are very tall, then the car seat will be a pretty snug fit. Probably won't be able to put the handle down. The 2011 X is very car seat friendly except I have yet to find any seat that works in the middle of the second row because it is very narrow. Second row outboard seats both have LATCH. I'd be happy to answer any other questions.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Oh! Great!

I read elsewhere that the 2011 is the least carseat-friendly model and that it is VERY difficult to find seats to fit it. :( I'm so glad to hear otherwise! Thanks!

canadiangie

Oh! Great!

I read elsewhere that the 2011 is the least carseat-friendly model and that it is VERY difficult to find seats to fit it. :( I'm so glad to hear otherwise! Thanks!

I can't see why that would be. Certainly the 2nd row middle seat is kind of a joke (very narrow, has hinges that jut forward, etc), but the outboard seats seemed pretty standard issue to me.

I assume the babies will be outboard, so I'm thinking KeyFits would be great.

If I were having twins I'd either get a City Select or a double snap n' go and bjcmd as a follow up. Likely though I'd just find the money for a City Select and be done with it.

Jan06twinmom

I would also recommend the keyfits.

As for a stroller, I loved the Double Snap and Go for the beginning when my twins were in infant seats. I prefer the side by side stroller for when the babies are not in the infant seat, but that isn't something they need right away. I found that I wanted the side by side stroller when my twins were around 4mo and it was springtime so I could take them for walks.

Melanie

macmomma

Forward facing seats are no problem at all in it. I could not use the Radian or MyRide rear facing- just not enough room for the driver or passenger. The Roundabout 50 and Classic Marathon worked great rear facing in the second row.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC