Britax Companion. Goodbye

bnsnyde

Picture was in a church, not car.
This Britax Companion expires in December and could go through 4 kids and look great.

Why did they get rid of the air pockets? They seem to be coming back (in a similar design, at least) but on Dorel seats. Did these Britax air pockets test well, does anyone know? If they did I wonder why Britax would have done away with them, so I'm not sure. I LOVED those things. Plus, my baby's head never slumped to the side from day 1.

Anyway, I'll miss the Companion. It had a good life. It was such a bright, happy colored seat.

ADS

bnsnyde

First carseat ever that my first baby used. I'm a dork but it's tough! I really miss it! It has a month to live, so at least we're prepared.

Cryssy Jane

I think they got rid of them because some of the manuals required their usage. I had one when Odin was an infant and his head was gigantic compared to the little air pocket hole. I don't have a picture of it on my phone but he would scream bloody murder in that seat. Switched to a keyfit and all was well. That being said he also had a really hard time with the ca air headwings but did fine with the xtsl.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

thtr4me

Mine expires in Dec as well. Since we have been out of it a few months now, I finally took it apart (mostly). Makes me so sad to dismantle the seat. It carried my babies well.

Traquy

I loved our Britax Companion seat. it worked great for DD and yeah, the little air head support was great with my little 5lb 11oz peanut. It helped keep her from slumping to the side. Pic of her on the way to visit Grandma for the first time (included a plane ride, seat worked fantastic on the plane).

CrazyBoysMamma

I think they got rid of them because some of the manuals required their usage. I had one when Odin was an infant and his head was gigantic compared to the little air pocket hole. I don't have a picture of it on my phone but he would scream bloody murder in that seat. Switched to a keyfit and all was well. That being said he also had a really hard time with the ca air headwings but did fine with the xtsl.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

I have one of the very late ones (like last 2 months or so they were made) and my manual states it's required...

And, um, anyone wanna part with a cover, or at least pads? :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC