Rf radian in sienna captains chairs is not great, correct?

ADS

christineka

I don't have a problem with them outboard- just in the center-most seat. I now have an old style boot with the radian installed on the center seat and it does not over-recline.

canadiangie

Is the Oddy that I'm thinking of then?

And Christine (I'm so glad you posted, I was hoping you would) can you fit 2 rn and a TF in your 3rd row? Rn would be rf, TF would be ff?

Holly

I haven't tried my radian in the center seat, but in the captains chairs I can get a good install with the seatbelt but it takes a few minutes and I have to brace it behind the driver (can't brace it behind the passenger because there are advanced air bags). With LATCH it's even easier and more upright. I haven't tried it on the passenger side but I imagine it would work because on the driver's side it's upright enough that it's not braced at all and it hasn't changed angles over time so far.

When we first got the van, I was moving seats from the car to the van in the dark and the radian was over reclined then, I couldn't get it to install not over reclined until the next day when I had some light and more time.

canadiangie

Oh that's right, Holly, you're a sienna mom too now. :)

ok so it sounds like rn captains chairs is fine. Very cool.

Now anyone know if 2 rf rn and 1 ff tf will work in the 3rd row?

christineka

And Christine (I'm so glad you posted, I was hoping you would) can you fit 2 rn and a TF in your 3rd row? Rn would be rf, TF would be ff?

I haven't tried it, but I imagine they might. The radians, however, fit best when alternating directions and the true fit puzzles best with the radian when facing the same direction.

NannyMom

I had a hard time installing my TFP FF in the 3rd row, passenger's side. I didn't continue trying because I had other options. But if it can be installed there, I think it would fit fine with 2 Radian (maybe center RN RF?). I had a Frontier 85 and 2 FF Radians

canadiangie

I haven't tried it, but I imagine they might. The radians, however, fit best when alternating directions and the true fit puzzles best with the radian when facing the same direction.

I had a hard time installing my TFP FF in the 3rd row, passenger's side. I didn't continue trying because I had other options. But if it can be installed there, I think it would fit fine with 2 Radian (maybe center RN RF?). I had a Frontier 85 and 2 FF Radians

Ok so space wise the 3rd row is pretty generous it sounds like. I've never done a 3 across in the 3rd row of a Sienna and work on so few minivans (it's weird how few) that I'm really thankful for your help on this.

There's also a Nauti in the mix, so it could always be tried back there if the TF won't work.

Eta: the Thanks button is being weird, but I did attempt to thank each one of you. :)

mkmama

I can fit two RF'ing Radians driver side and center without overlapping any of the area for that passenger side in my 3rd row...bet I could fit a TF there in my 2008 Sienna.

I haven't tried my radian in the center seat, but in the captains chairs I can get a good install with the seatbelt but it takes a few minutes and I have to brace it behind the driver (can't brace it behind the passenger because there are advanced air bags). With LATCH it's even easier and more upright. I haven't tried it on the passenger side but I imagine it would work because on the driver's side it's upright enough that it's not braced at all and it hasn't changed angles over time so far.

(bolded mine) I thought Sienna's had the no touching rule for both driver and passenger front seats? I swear my owners manual said there were airbag sensors in the drivers seat as well...now I'm going to have to double-check that...because if I can put a Radian behind the driver and brace it, I'm in great shape and DS2 can really go back to RF'ing!

Holly

I can fit two RF'ing Radians driver side and center without overlapping any of the area for that passenger side in my 3rd row...bet I could fit a TF there in my 2008 Sienna.

(bolded mine) I thought Sienna's had the no touching rule for both driver and passenger front seats? I swear my owners manual said there were airbag sensors in the drivers seat as well...now I'm going to have to double-check that...because if I can put a Radian behind the driver and brace it, I'm in great shape and DS2 can really go back to RF'ing!

I don't know, we didn't get an owners manual with the van, but Judi and Ketchupqueen told me it could be braced behind the driver but not the passenger.

farrbabies

I had the exact problem of over reclining on my 2005 sienna 7 passenger. It worked in the centre latch back bench seat. I didn't like getting back there. Now I might be getting a 2005 8 passenger. Hoping it will work better with the new radian rfing wedge. Hoping to get 2 rfing and 1 ffing radians.

christineka

I once tried the true fit on the third row passenger's side. It didn't puzzle rfing at all. (I don't remember what I tried next to it- probably a radian.) It puzzles better ffing. I currently have it center, ffing with a ffing radian and old style parkway outboard.

I have put two radians side by side, facing the same direction center and driver's side and they fit, but barely because of the wide parts of the seats touching.

I admit to bracing the radian in my sienna. As I understand it, the braced seat could add weight to the seat, making the advanced air bag sense more weight in the seat than is actually there. At my dh's size, I don't think the extra weight makes a difference. The seat is not braced when I'm the driver. You can simply, move the captain's chair all the way back and then it wouldn't be braced.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I don't know, we didn't get an owners manual with the van, but Judi and Ketchupqueen told me it could be braced behind the driver but not the passenger.

You cannot touch/brace against your driver's seatback, either. :eek:Toyota disallows touching both front seatbacks in Siennas (and other Toyota models) equipped with advanced front airbags- there's a blurb in the airbag section of the Sienna manual warning against doing so. Here's a picture of the page with the blurb from our '05 Sienna's manual, it's in the bulleted list on the left hand side of the page:

siennamanualpage127.jpg
[/IMG]

Holly

Jeanum said:
You cannot touch/brace against your driver's seatback, either. :eek:Toyota disallows touching both front seatbacks in Siennas (and other Toyota models) equipped with advanced front airbags- there's a blurb in the airbag section of the Sienna manual warning against doing so. Here's a picture of the page with the blurb from our '05 Sienna's manual, it's in the bulleted list on the left hand side of the page:

[/IMG]

Thanks! It's a good thing it installs easily without having to be braced when I use LATCH then!

VoodooChile

I think it's the Odyssey that only disallows bracing on the passenger side? My Pilot seems to have that rule, as far as I can tell from my manual.

Mags462

Not sure if this helps but i can get two TF's and a Turbo 3 across in my Sienna 3rd row.... RF TF outboard driver, FF TF in the middle, Turbo outboard passenger...... its TIGHT like i have to buckle/unbuckle the booster tight, but they are all independently tight (seatbelt installs)..... if 2 TF's and booster can fit in that third row throwing a Radian in the mix would only give you MORE room. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC